Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Running Lights

R

randyman

I've read postings from many sources over the past year, some say the running lights on my C5 can be disabled, some say they can't.

I really hate driving with them on because in my opinion they add neither a safety or a visual appearance benefit to my car.

Can they be disabled, and if so how? Thanks in advance.

...and they are yellow! :thumb

<Sigmund Freud> Ah, I zee know. Vhat ve have here, damen unt heiren, iz a clear case of zee mental dizfunction "Yellow on zee brain." I zink ve have some medz for zhis problem. Now, vhere did I put zhem? Remo? Vhat have you done viz zhose medz? </Sigmund Freud>

while i have to agree it is a matter of opinion on DRL's or driving lights or whatever you might want to call them.... i disagree with you saying that they ad no saftey factor to your car, studies have shown that the use of DRL's have helped in decrease traffic accidents in recent years, also nowadays people are becoming so used to seeing them now that a car with out them is almost invisible add into that a low profile car and maybe a cell phone and you have an all expense paid trip to the body shop coming to you.... they may not look good but in the long run they do help

...i disagree with you saying that they ad no saftey factor to your car, studies have shown that the use of DRL's have helped in decrease traffic accidents in recent years,

.... they may not look good but in the long run they do help

Actually, I have to agree with this. I recall reading something in Consumer Reports several years ago that referenced a NHTSA study in which the findings were that DRL did increase vehicle recognizeability for other drivers.

If the argument against them is an aesthetics argument, well, fair enough. But if the only time you notice them while driving is if you pull up in front of building with a reflective surface, how badly can their appearance actually bother you?

-Patrick

Controled Substances & DRL's

<Sigmund Freud> Ah, I zee know. Vhat ve have here, damen unt heiren, iz a clear case of zee mental dizfunction "Yellow on zee brain." I zink ve have some medz for zhis problem. Now, vhere did I put zhem? Remo? Vhat have you done viz zhose medz? </Sigmund Freud>

Dear Doctor Freud - I am guilty, they did make me feel better, however, I'll return what's left.;shrug

Now on the subject DRL's. I own a silver car and that color has a tendency to blend into the background, so the DRL's are must for me.
Remo:cool

2640697070103361744S500x500Q85.jpg

Hey everyone, Although I prefer to have mine on, I have read that pulling the emergency brake handle up one click turns the DRL's off. Just my .02 Remember the wave:w

Hello All Vette Lovers!! I am a newbie here and realize that I might not be in the 'correct' area/forum to ask my question.....but it seems like a lot of back & forth about running lights, so it might be the right place. Whew! Anyway, I need the plastic holder for the DRL/turn signal on the driver's side. Can't seem to find one online. Does anyone have a website or any suggestions on how to get this. The Chevy dealer is going to charge me an arm and a leg to do the work! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone, Although I prefer to have mine on, I have read that pulling the emergency brake handle up one click turns the DRL's off. Just my .02 Remember the wave:w

Tried this on my '04... DRL stayed on...:w

To keep my self esteem up and went out to my 01'coupe and tried the one click on the e-brake and it killed the DRLs. Whooda thunk:confused

Randy,

I do think that it is nice to able to recognize another C5 comming at you. The C6 also has the yellow DRL's.

Givem the wave back!

Scott Abelson

Sorry, Quoted the wrong post, fixed below:
Quote:============
Hello All Vette Lovers!! I am a newbie here and realize that I might not be in the 'correct' area/forum to ask my question.....but it seems like a lot of back & forth about running lights, so it might be the right place. Whew! Anyway, I need the plastic holder for the DRL/turn signal on the driver's side. Can't seem to find one online. Does anyone have a website or any suggestions on how to get this. The Chevy dealer is going to charge me an arm and a leg to do the work! Any help will be greatly appreciated!
==================

Lenses (and everything else):
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1945862

Some other stuff on LED's

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2034006&highlight=signal+led+turn

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1844244

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom