Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 stock muffler modification

sharmon

Posted a while back was a stock muffler modification that a guy had cut two holes in the center baffle so the exhaust would
run into the muffler and then be unrestricted to the two pipes out of the muffler (see picture one). He stated that it was just a little louder
and had a drone on the highway. I put a set of mid america quad power exhaust on my 04 and they look great and sound good
but a little quiet. I took a set of stock mufflers and cut out all the internals and made a one to two set of straight thru pipes(see picture 2). At idle
it is louder than stock but driving down the street at anything less than 3,500 rpm it is amazing quiet. Up around 4k to 5k with your foot
out of it the sound is great and not too loud. But put you foot into it at that rpm and it sounds great and very loud. With this set up you
could run down the highway and not attract any attention. But again put your foot into it and everyone will be looking at you. I only plan on running
them now and then as I paid $50 for the mufflers and $24 for the 2 1/4 90 bends (ugly and cheap I know) but I was just screwing around this weekend
anyway.

Attachments

• 2 straigh thru.jpg
    2 straigh thru.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 1 stock with holes cut.jpg
    1 stock with holes cut.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 96

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom