Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Styling

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
The April 2009 cover of Corvette Fever shows why the C5 is
such a "bad a$$" looking ride. The front end styling blows
away the C6 "smiley face". Long live the C5.
Remo:cool

attachment.php

Can I have an "AMEN"!!! :thumb

The C6 would be a great looking car if they found a way to keep the headlights hidden.:ugh

Eye of the beholder I guess. The C5 has never really done it for me. I definately perfer the C6 styling over the C5.

:thumb Jason

The C6 would be a great looking car if they found a way to keep the headlights hidden.:ugh

I thought the same thing when I had my C5. Then I had to replace a headlight motor and a headlight module. :ugh Now I'm glad my headlights don't move. :upthumbs

Remo - When ya ordering your new Smiley Face ZR1?

BTW - Here's a few shots of a Smiley Face Z06 that I liked driving back n da day! :cool

Click on da Smiley Face Guy > :)

Click on da Smiley Face Guy > :)

:lou
Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Is There A Doctor In The House?

Now here's a C5 guy that really needs some theropy.
new002.jpg

I do think that the C5 will be a classic design way before the C6 will be considered as one!

I must confess that there will come a day when I may upgrade the C5Z to a C6Z. I didn't like the C5 "big butt" look when it first came out but I got over that so I guess I'll get over the exposed headlights and smiley face some time too. :cool

I thought the same thing when I had my C5. Then I had to replace a headlight motor and a headlight module. :ugh Now I'm glad my headlights don't move. :upthumbs
Just wait until a rock breaks one of those C6 headlights or a seal breaks and lets moisture in and you have to replace one!

Styling

IMHO, I like C5 styling over the C6 .... but the C6 isn't at all :thumb .... maybe a cold air induction low profile hood scoop would make that
"Bump on the bonnet" look a little more threatening.

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill
& the "Scarlet Avenger" :mad

Close To Perfect.....But,

Everything about this beautiful C5 looks great with "one" exception.:L

whkw7o.jpg

remo, make that 2 things

the hard top, and the lights, if that was a convertible, with flip up lights, it would be classic..just my thought...:puke

Just wait until a rock breaks one of those C6 headlights or a seal breaks and lets moisture in and you have to replace one!

Lol, cause that has to be so much worse than replacing the headlight motor on a C5 with a lazy eye... ;LOL

Both gen's have their pros and cons.

:thumb Jason

The C6 is just the normal evolution of our cars. Smaller, faster, more expensive. I like all Corvettes and think it looks just as good as a 54, 67, 69, 82, 96 or 04. It only makes sense for Chevy to evolve the line as it will finally be phased out soon. Get'em while you can folks, they are being slowly eliminated from our choices in life!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom