Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Vs 2001 Z06

man,those are some really good times.im impressed.i like my auto,but your right about the roll race with the auto.one mod that is a must is a good convertor,that will completely change the car.i dont have one yet.soon.i have my car down to 13.43 @ 106.halltech T-1,gutted cats,im lean because of my poted MAS,i think on a good track i could crack the 12 second barrier.
does your track let you run 11s without a cage?i have one f-body friend that is terrible at the track with his 6-speed,his reaction and 60ft are all over the place,but his most common problem is bent pushrods,so we got him a shift light as big as a disco ball.later,Todd.

The guys who are running 11's at atco and englishtown get a few warnings and then the boot for the night.

Perfecting launches with sticks depends on how much of a perfectionist a person is.. :lol: If I get around to it. I'll probably buy a G tech pro whatever the hell its call for a couple of hundred. Its got a shift light..Its got the ability to measure 60fts so practice is available without going nuts and breaking the law or going 3 hours to the track..

I'd say the reason I like the idea of brand new dual clutch sequential stick shift technology like what we will see in many sports cars in the next few years..

Porsche 911 with its new evolution coming for the 2005 model year .. (NOT THE TRIPTRONIC BS)

This new Dual Clutch Technology gives consistancy and ease of use in traffic like an automatic and total gear change choice capability and efficiency of stick shift.

Perfect downshifts every time.

Ferraris sequential shifter is outdated and slow. Dave Hill had no interst in it. But dual clutch he likes. So you never know if its coming

I like driving a stick shift as its fun learning and improving..but the bottom line is ...the Dual clutch technology is superior to even formula one race car drivers.

For drag racing and good street use., 3500 yank 1.6 str , 3.42 or 3.73 gears with transgo shift kit.

Have fun.

JB

hawaii-5-lo said:
is that on the original tires?the fastest recorded time ive seen for the Z06 is 12.44.by recorded i dont mean all the b.s. storys in the kill sections.my friend has a 2002 Lambo orange Zo6 convertable(yep a vert),his best time was 12.68.he races in the brackets.car is stock.wish they would hurry up and race already.later,Todd.

On my 01...yes that was with the F1SC tires. I had a 1.84 60' on that run. With my 02...the 11.98 was with 275/40/17 nitto drag radials. Going to Etown this saturday for the Vette Magazine Show 'n Go. Going for lower 11's! :D My fastest stock time with the 02 was 12.21@116.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom