Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5R Shifter Handle

dalejr8afan

Corvette
C6 monterey Red Coupe
I'm thinking of changing my stock shifter knob on my 6-speed to the C5R style. Has anybody done this and if so how is the feel?

Thanks for the reply, except I want to use the C5R style handle, not a T-Handle. The t-handle looks great and I use to have on other cars. It's great for slamming gears and that's where I used it, when I drag raced. My C5 is a street car and I am simply looking for something different the the stock knob that has a different look.

Who is selling a C5R shift knob?

Thanks.

I bought a C5R shifter knob. Since it screws on with no set screw, it tends to loosen quickly. A little teflon tape helped but didn't stop it, only slowed it down. It was OK for a while (a novelty I guess), but I ended up getting a Momo Anatomico tall. Far better IMHO. Together with a new Hurst billet shifter it is truley slick!

Dave

I have been looking for small (1 7/8-2.0") white shift knob like the C2 era, that will fit my stock C5 shifter (9/16-18). I have the Hurst 2 1/4" knob, but it is too big. Ecklers shows a black one, but not white. Any ideas?

Ecklers has had it on back order forever.. try L.A.PD.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom