Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5R Wheels?

S

slashnick

Does anyone have reproduction C5R wheels on their C5? I'm already planning my next Corvette (still a few years away :cry ) and I love the C5R rims.
Any pics? Know where one could get some?
One day they will be mine....

Race Wheels?

slashnick said:
Does anyone have reproduction C5R wheels on their C5? I'm already planning my next Corvette (still a few years away :cry ) and I love the C5R rims.
Any pics? Know where one could get some?
One day they will be mine....

Aren't those full on race wheels? I mean where you have one lug in the center? I think at the very least you would have to change out your hubs/brakes/A-arms etc. Basically make your suspension match a C5R.

Is that feasable?

no i was thinking more along the lines of 5 lug look alikes. not real C5R wheels. just ones that look similar.
C5r.jpg

You have many choices

slashnick said:
no i was thinking more along the lines of 5 lug look alikes. not real C5R wheels. just ones that look similar.
C5r.jpg
Well, then you have MANY choices! CCW, BBS just to name a few. I think Hickock makes a similar version too.

When I hear someone mention a "C5R" anyhting I usually think they're looking for pure racing components. Good luck in your search.

How far are you going with the C5R-ish theme? The paint? The headlights? The wing? I know people are laughing at the thought of a mock up C5R. Tou know the types- the'll say "Uh... that wing.... its so non-C5.....", but people race mock up Grand Sports ('60s) versions today. You'll just be about 30 years ahead!!

How far are you going with the C5R-ish theme?
Just the wheels.
I think they would look great on a black C5, lowered 2" with deep tint on the windows. One of these days I'll find out.

I think HRE makes some that look like that, but I'm no expert. They would look great on the car, though.

I found a pic over at corvette forums that I think you'd find very interesting. These wheels look totally hot!

1234.jpg

I'm really liking these. They are the 540R made by HRE.
enlarge-540r.jpg

thanks for the help guys!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom