Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5's In The Snow

Remo,
I can tell you're hitting a new Cabin Fever low. You've just double posted your message. Now, deep breaths, stay calm.

Today is March 1st. You know the saying about March: in like a lion, out like a lamb. By St. Patrick's Day, I want you to have fully re-read the "Be Cool" thread, and start working to get yourself into shape.

-Patrick

Remo,
I can tell you're hitting a new Cabin Fever low. You've just double posted your message. Now, deep breaths, stay calm.

Today is March 1st. You know the saying about March: in like a lion, out like a lamb. By St. Patrick's Day, I want you to have fully re-read the "Be Cool" thread, and start working to get yourself into shape.

-Patrick

Patrick - I have to admit that I had a moment of confusion after the "Deity" spoke" to me about expected snow conditions.
Remo:cool

My town is ten miles northwest of Fitchburg. Due to continuous storms, snow banks along the driveway are now shoulder level. Spring equinox is 19 days from now. Corvette will not be out until mid April this year.;shrug

snow1_640x480.jpg

Remo, I feel your pain, it just snowed another foot here yesterday and I am running out of places to put the stuff, even on my 5+ acres on the mountain top. More snow predicted two days from now. March is our snowest month. I hope that I can get one of the vettes out by mid April, but I didn't make it last year until the end of April. Patrick assured me last year that the snow would melt in time to make CF in Colorado Springs, and he was correct. I hope he feels the same way this year, sometimes I need reassurance. I've plowed so many times this year that the blazer seems to be my daily driver. But come late June, we will be in Cleveland, hopefully Patrick will be the wagonmaster for our caravan from Colorado, meet Tom in KC, and others along the way. Just be our luck that Cleveland will have a snow storm from the lake effects during CF; I don't think Andre is planning on it tho.
Remo, hope we get our vettes out soon as I REALLy want to drive mine, and I know you want to drive yours too.
Barrett

:w Remo,

My best buddy, my friend, my pal :D Could you overnight a few meds, and maybe recommend an assisted living lovely :)

Yesterday high was 74* this morning we have about 3" or 4" inches of SNOW on the ground with wind whipped drifts of about 8"... :eek I had to scoop a path to get the morning paper :eek I'm still in shock...

Any help or suggestions Remo will be greatly appreciated. Abby and Rare are tucked away in climate controlled with no lower than 48* temp.... Oh tomorrow is suppose to be low 60's* :D

Your old Texas Pal

Any help or suggestions Remo will be greatly appreciated. Abby and Rare are tucked away in climate controlled with no lower than 48* temp.... Oh tomorrow is suppose to be low 60's* :D

Your old Texas Pal

Bud, we are now into March. You need to treat wintry snaps like this as sort like a 24 hour flu. I had the same system you're experiencing roll through here yesterday, and dump 7 inches. The expected high today is 44.

Just relax, and give it a day.

Patrick assured me last year that the snow would melt in time to make CF in Colorado Springs, and he was correct. I hope he feels the same way this year, sometimes I need reassurance. I've plowed so many times this year that the blazer seems to be my daily driver.

Barrett,
The good news this is March, and the weather warms up quite quickly after a cold and snow snap. The bad news is, this is March, and traditionally our snowiest month. Yes, we still have a bit of the snow season left, but fortunately what snows we're in for will be short-lived, and the accumulations on the ground won't last long. Cheers!
:)

But come late June, we will be in Cleveland, hopefully Patrick will be the wagonmaster for our caravan from Colorado, meet Tom in KC, and others along the way.

Well, I may have some news for you that you may not like, Barrett. You see, as part of my own "winter meds" mental health regimen, I took a rather lengthy vacation for the latter half of January and first few days of February. I flew to San Diego, spent about five days there, and then got on a cruise and set sail for Hawaii. Had the time of my life! Ask Tammy (Ms. Schroeder) what she thought of the journal I kept.

Total time away for that trip was more than 3 weeks, and I blew a lot of my vacation time on that. I'm not sure if I'll have enough vacation re-accrued by June to head to Cleveland, so I may not be able to go. You Caravaners should start meeting to get yourselves organized, though.

Some Where In Michigan

Here's a guy who found a way to drive a C5 in the snow.

DSC03436_edited-1.jpg

Its mid-march and theres an almost 2 meter high snowbank all along the side of my driveway. Im not waiting till the middle of April for all that crap to melt so i think ill just take the car out next week. I just hope the salt situation isnt too bad.

Lincolnshire, England

Dave Gledhill just couldn't wait to get his 2002 Mag Red Vert out for a
little spin. Accent on "spin". "Cheerio" Dave and good luck.

HPIM2550.jpg

Dave Gledhill just couldn't wait to get his 2002 Mag Red Vert out for a
little spin. Accent on "spin". "Cheerio" Dave and good luck.

And with a top down!?! mine never goes down bellow 70. This is a one hard core Corvette fan :upthumbs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom