Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c6 corvette splash guards

Well, the temperature got up enough today for installation of my splash guards on both my C6's. I'm pleased with them. The installation was relatively easy and the results are very nice. The looks are very subtle but the guards totally cover the painted part of the fenders behind the wheels where all the rock chips take place. Unless you're looking for them, you'll not notice them which is good.

Guess I might need to change my avatar if the picture that small will show them! After looking at small 'avatar' sized pictures, the guards don't show unless I put underwear on the tire. ;)

...Guess I might need to change my avatar if the picture that small will show them!

I'm glad you said that, Tuna. I was going to say we need pics. :)

My dealer invoice showed 131.25 list. I paid 113.75 for them as club members get a bit of a discount on them.
You might get them even cheaper mail order at gmpartsdirect.com if you're not into supporting your local dealer.

My dealer invoice showed 131.25 list. I paid 113.75 for them as club members get a bit of a discount on them.
You might get them even cheaper mail order at gmpartsdirect.com if you're not into supporting your local dealer.

Do these require any permanent modifications?

The fronts are just pulling out the 4 pressure plugs (I don't know what they are called), attache the guard with 4 of the plugs and pull off the tape so it sticks on the other side. The rear is almost the same, but the 4 plugs aren't there so you have to drill into the liner.

Yeap, you have to drill 4 holes in each of the rear fender inner liners.
I suppose if you every wanted to remove the splash guards, you could just put the fastener plugs back in to seal the holes.
The paint behind the splash guards will not fade over time like the rest of the fender either, so there's another long term effect. Then again, that area will not have rock chips either.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom