Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Exhaust

veteluvr74

I may have missed it in many of the discussions or the available info on the C6, but did they do anything special for the exhaust on the C6?

Why dosent Chevy make a deal with one of the aftermarket exhaust makers and have it as an option? I know it would increase the price of the car, but many will rip out the stock exhaust and add it anyway.

Just a thought.

veteluvr74 said:
I may have missed it in many of the discussions or the available info on the C6, but did they do anything special for the exhaust on the C6?

Why dosent Chevy make a deal with one of the aftermarket exhaust makers and have it as an option? I know it would increase the price of the car, but many will rip out the stock exhaust and add it anyway.

Just a thought.

The exhaust system is lighter and freer flowing for the C6. I forgot the numbers though.

Maybe Chevy has a contract with the manufacturer of the exhaust systems that not only covers Corvette, but other GM vehicles as well?

Some people do stay with the stock exhaust though. I personally couldn't stick with the stock system but that's just me. I need something loud!:L

I hope it has a better exhaust note then the C5. The Z06 sounded nice but the stock exhaust on the other was almost non-existant.

I dont need anything that will blow your ears out but I want something that sounds like it has some ballz to it.

The mufflers are now mounted lengthwise in the chassis like they should be. On the display chassis at Detroit they are mounted side by side up on edge. Still has the 4 outlets with polished stainless tips but at least they flow through instead of having to reverse directions inside the case. The sweet and very talented young lady doing the presentation referred to the mufflers as Tri-Flow. I'm not sure if that is used generically in some way or if Tri-Flow is actually manufacturing them.

Tom

It looks like they all but eliminated the center storage well for the superior mufflers!!!:eyerole

Even the tips are "improved." They have the appearance of a 1/2 inch AL tube that has been milled at a 45 degree angle inward to provide the flaired look. Lighter? ... Dunno. Better perforamnce? ... doubt it. More maintenance? ...you bet. More racy and muscular looking? ...absolutely.

ROCKETBLOCK said:
It looks like they all but eliminated the center storage well for the superior mufflers!!!:eyerole
HI there,
Your right on this, because if anyone looks at XLR, canister side of the mufflers, and diameter of the outlets are identical. Although tone is substantially different, due to harmonics and sound deadening.
XLR has NO storage space back there.
I am concerned because the rear storage space has dropped.
Allthebest, c4c5 :(

One car rag reported that the rear storage compartments, though reduced in size, now have hinged doors.

here's a photo of the mufflers:
c6mufflers.jpg

I was at the local Goodyear dealer a few weeks ago and they had this automotive channel on. They did a small segment on the C6 and had some sound to go with it to (you know how they usually play some thrash metal to car clips?). Anyway, the C6 sounded very visceral and tough. Not the tone as the Z06, but definitely with the toughness that the Z06 sound has.

I'm glad they went back to the straight through design. IMHO, it's better looking. I would've thought that a straight through would have less back pressure than a in/out on one side system.

Are we kidding ourselves with the "straight through" design! I don't believe the exit pipes line up with the inlet pipes at all. This means baffles and direction changes in my book. Anyone seen a cut of the actual stock C6 muffler? :D It looks like a Caddy compromise and a loss of cargo space!

The exhaust is very quiet. Standing outside you hardly hear a peep. Inside, at cruising speed, and during hard accelleration, you hear very little.
Car needs an aftermarket system bigtime!!
Even the GM aftermarket team has a cat-back exhaust on the drawing boards.

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom