Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 front plate warning ticket

D

dtammen

I was stopped by a bored County trooper in Illinois last weekend for not having a front plate displayed. He was sympathetic, but I now have 1 mark against me, and wondering what my options are. Any similar experiences out there?

Thanks.
Just wondering if there's an option to the very cheezy, but free, front bracket GM supplied. I run a bra most of the time, so if I were to use the GM bracket, I couldn't install the bra.

Welcome.Don't worry the trooper was bluffin' ,trust me .

I see NH requires 2 plates, as does MO. Too bad more States like the 19 now, i.e. AZ, NM, KS, OK, KY, etc. that somehow figured out you don't need more than 1??

I see NH requires 2 plates, as does MO. Too bad more States like the 19 now, i.e. AZ, NM, KS, OK, KY, etc. that somehow figured out you don't need more than 1??
The law reads in New Hampshire that the front plate needs to be attached but doesn't have to be exposed.Therefore on my c-5 the front plate is under the front cover.Don't know what i'll do when I get the c-6 . N.H plate moto "live free or die"

Thanks!

I checked the 3 products out, and boy!, are they ugly.....duhh!

Personally I think SouthernCarParts product looks the best. I'm going to continue to be an outlaw, at least until I garner a couple more warnings.

In the meantime, I'll be looking for a petition to support that eliminates this stupid law, vs. those that the states really need.

Don't forget PA. I've enjoyed the last few years going front-plate-less. They only issue one license plate when you register your car. Sweet.

Now, I'm in Texas and they handed me two plates. I only put the rear one on. I've already seen a few Vettes and a few metal cars without the front plate. Maybe they're just letting us go for now. I'll take my chances.

Anyone else in Texas without the front license plate?
Has anyone receieved a summons for not having one?
How many $$$?

Welcome to the :CAC.
I'd take off my front plate but I'm sure one of the four cops in our town would notice. ;LOL

:w
Guy

Welcome to the :CAC.
I'd take off my front plate but I'm sure one of the four cops in our town would notice. ;LOL

:w
Guy
But Guy ,wouldn't that give you four "I didn't knows "like to catch up with you fellers someday.Somehow every time I see your cars your heading in the opposite direction. Steve

Don't forget PA. I've enjoyed the last few years going front-plate-less. They only issue one license plate when you register your car. Sweet.

Now, I'm in Texas and they handed me two plates. I only put the rear one on. I've already seen a few Vettes and a few metal cars without the front plate. Maybe they're just letting us go for now. I'll take my chances.

Has anyone receieved a summons for not having one?
How many $$$?

I live in Texas, have had my Vette over 2 yrs. now, and have never had the front plate on. So far, I've never been stopped.:upthumbs Around here (locally), I don't think they mess with you unless they stop you for something else, and you don't have it displayed.

I don't run mine and probably won't.

I took this up with Sen. Jane Nelson last year, supposedly thay ran out of time in the last session to get the 1 plate measure passed. I intend to take this issue up with her again. I think they only meet every 2 years here unless a special session is called.

tell the govt officials that it will save them money by only issuing 1 plate.

I don't run mine and probably won't.

I took this up with Sen. Jane Nelson last year, supposedly thay ran out of time in the last session to get the 1 plate measure passed. I intend to take this issue up with her again. I think they only meet every 2 years here unless a special session is called.

Cee,

I had a feeling you were going to reply to this. Stay on top of this one, we need an advocate in the capital.

Hey, maybe you can run for office and do something about these pesky speed limits. Denton Tap road is only 40 mph.

You got my vote.

I was stopped by a bored County trooper in Illinois last weekend for not having a front plate displayed. He was sympathetic, but I now have 1 mark against me, and wondering what my options are. Any similar experiences out there?

I got two tickets in one week, one while parked! I broke down and bought a license plate holder from Zips Corvette products. It's anodized aluminum. Mounts pretty low so the plate doesn't interfere too much with the look of the front end (at least that's what I tell myself). Here is a link to Zips: http://www.zip-products.com/Zip/pro...alse&mscssid=654BABCE9C1B42F78717B832442BB627

It wasn't cheap (140.00). The plate assembly is removable using two allen screws (takes about a minute), but you are left with two black arms sticking out. Not very noticable from a distance. Mostly I take it off if I'm driving where the road dips alot, and there is a risk of scraping at higher speeds.

Get a bracket! Once you have been pulled over for it and warned, as luck would have it you will be again! Been there done that! :ugh

Luckily in Mich we do not need them!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom