Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 in Strip Mall lot

Corvette
'02Torch Red Coupe - sold
Went to the movies with my girls today and parked next to a beautiful C6. I figured I'd park my Suburban on one side so he / she only had to worry about the front & other side! The car parked in front of it was right on the front end of the Vette.:mad

Why would anyone park a brand spanking new Vette in a strip center next to all other cars? I did check, no dealer plates ;LOL

If it had dealer plates, the car would've probably had dirt stains from moving dirt or carrying 2x4's.:L

Ctfoodguy2000 said:
Went to the movies with my girls today and parked next to a beautiful C6. I figured I'd park my Suburban on one side so he / she only had to worry about the front & other side! The car parked in front of it was right on the front end of the Vette.:mad

Why would anyone park a brand spanking new Vette in a strip center next to all other cars? I did check, no dealer plates ;LOL

Well, I'm seriously considering a '06. I plan to intentionally park the car in several locations that will be sure to collect a few door nicks. Then I might drive several miles on some nice dirt and gravel roads to chip the paint a bit. Why would I do this? So I can get on with enjoying the car and not bite all my fingernails off worrying about this or that little nick in the paint.

In addition, I plan to wash the car at least once every month especially in the summer when I want it to look especially nice. ( since most of my driving will be alone late at night I won't car if it's dirty ). Maybe the owner of this vette you saw has some similar feelings about actually "using" the car versus keeping it extra perfect for the next owner.

My paint is bad, with scratches, stone chips you name it in the paint. But I still park way out in the boonies whenever I go to Walmart or something. If I had a C6, or got my car painted. I would hate to drive it, but I still would, and take care of it the same I do now. Nothing wrong with keeping an immaculate car to drive.

OLDGOAT said:
Well, I'm seriously considering a '06. I plan to intentionally park the car in several locations that will be sure to collect a few door nicks. Then I might drive several miles on some nice dirt and gravel roads to chip the paint a bit.

To each his/her own.

I prefer to have the car lookin' HOT. With a little extra effort by parking and driving carefully I still enjoy the car and the look together!

ENJOY THE RIDE.
-Bill.:D

I found the best process is to only take my daily driver to places where there is a high possibility of it getting scratched. Even though its just another red 99 coupe, it doesnt have a single scratch.

I could deal with road nicks and chips, but some as**ole swinging open the door to his or her Hummer in a mall parking lot aint gonna happen.

Thanks Old Goat. You really helped clear up my confusion. I guess by parking in a mall lot demonstrates that the car is driven vs. "keeping it extra perfect for the next owner." :eyerole

I'm personally not the type of person to worry about the next owner for anything. My daily driver, a V6 Camry, is pretty much worth $1,000 or so. I'm not worried about it's value. I have the car for the purpose of driving it. It's the same thing with the 'Vette but it gets driven less because of weather reasons. The way I look at it, I bought it and I'm going to enjoy it. But there is a fine line between enjoying something and neglecting it.

smook said:
To each his/her own.

I prefer to have the car lookin' HOT. With a little extra effort by parking and driving carefully I still enjoy the car and the look together!

ENJOY THE RIDE.
-Bill.:D
Me too :upthumbs

warren s said:
I could deal with road nicks and chips, but some as**ole swinging open the door to his or her Hummer in a mall parking lot aint gonna happen.

I figured a Hummers door would open over the top of a Corvette ;LOL. It would be more of the regular sedans that I would worry about. I personally don't park that far out... I think it can attract too much attention :eyerole.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom