Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 on Chevrolet.com!!!!!!!!

StillDreaming

Corvette
Living a dream...
GM web site has the Corvette C6 and the other cars in the intro, just like the commercial. Check it out....

Longer version of the commercial, 2:00 minutes, more shots of C6.

I'll take one, in red of course!

Okay I saw the commercial on CNBC 2 days ago and now its on Chevys website. As far as im concerned there is no embargo!!!!! Time for a drink to celebrate the new year and the new Vette!!!:bar Happy New Year CAC!!!

I just hot Chevrolet.com and all I see is a picture of a Malibu. Am I doing something wrong?

Double D said:
I just hot Chevrolet.com and all I see is a picture of a Malibu. Am I doing something wrong?

Seems you have the old site cached. Hit the reload button on the browser and it should refresh the page for you.

Leon

My buddy has no clue, and only has internet use durring lunch. Here is the email I sent to him:

1)Go here at lunch time.
http://www.chevrolet.com/index_intro.html

2)Click on the "on television" link in lower right of page.

3)Pick a commercial.

4)See the new Vette.

5)Hear the new Vette.

6)Spew your pants!

Apparently, I have no clue because when I go to the website, I don't even see a "on television" link in the lower right. Could my company be blocking things?

Look for the picture of a Yellow SSR on a car carrier and click on it.

Double D said:
Apparently, I have no clue because when I go to the website, I don't even see a "on television" link in the lower right. Could my company be blocking things?
Go here: http://www.chevrolet.com/index_intro.html
If you do not get the yellow SSR and music hit refresh. You may have an old copy in your cache.

tom...

Awsome commercial,and yes I would have to agree,the embargo was a joke.

C6...sooooooo cool & hot!

If you save the QT movie, you can scrub through it one frame at a time. Awesome film-making! Now we see where the spy shots in San Francisco came from: the filming of this commercial. Chevy has done a great job on the exposed headlights and revised rear. The Vette just keeps getting "cooler" and "hotter"!

PS: If you don't have QT Pro, it is worth the $30 cost! http://www.apple.com/quicktime/upgrade/

paintdaddy said:
Awsome commercial,and yes I would have to agree,the embargo was a joke.

My understanding was that the embarogo covered GM Media photos, which were leaked from other web sites, and detailed specs of the car. In my mind the embargo is still in place for this info. If it was for all info on the C6 then the Islandhopper pics of the C6 on the car carrier would have been pulled down long ago.

Leon

Oops!

I think I may be swimming upstream here but what a let down. It would be like trading your '59 in on a '60. They must have spent too much time on the Cadillac, or THEY PUT A 427 IN IT, yeah, right.

Sorry, but for all of the marketing hype or lack of it, (see marketing terms in the Humor Mill), it just doesn’t do anything for me. It looks like the basic C5 with new eyebrows and different shorts.

Now those pictures from before make sense
when they were filming the commercial, someone grabed some pictures of the new vette!:eek

Dad,

I think we should all wait 'til they hit the streets before we judge them. I agree, they look similar to the C5. I thought the same thing before I bought my 98 TransAm. What could be so different between 97 and 98. Well LS1 for starters, and a whole bunch more, bigger brakes, more HP and Torque, and the list goes on. If you have ever driven one of each, there is a huge performance gain in the 98+ models.

The C6 rumors to have the charachterisics of a ZO6 in it's (C6)stock form. I think that is something to get excited about, as most of us are.

You be the judge

Actually most of us judge a number of things at first sight, I'm sure you do too and may even remember her name. After owning at least one of ever generation and the first in September of 1956 I’m also old enough to make my own judgments. In this case it was my opinion, not a judgment, of what first sight meant to me. I would rather buy a new boat then just a new whistle or a bell. This C6 tends to look like the old boat with some new bells and whistles. Nothing like the C1 to the C2, more like C2 to C3, but less body change. As far as the other advances it may have, that will only be decided upon by the seat of my pants, then I’ll make a judgment. I’m still in line at my dealer for a C6, but at first glance I may save myself allot of money. I can’t speak for “most of us”, just me, and that was my opinion not someone else.

The really sad part about this whole thing is that after you’ve driven new cars for nearly 50 years you can buy without the need to be the first and concentrate on getting what “you” want instead of what the neighbor has or admires.

For the "still looks like a C5" comment, let's put things into perspective here:

The C5 is still current technology. We aren't getting the C6 because of necessity. We are getting the C6 because of Cadillac. If it wasn't for Cadillac wanting the XLR, we would still be in the C5 generation right now. Also, let's remember what GM has told us from day one: The C6 will be an evolution, not a revolution. So anyone expecting or hoping for a huge design change, like C4-C5, was just fooling themselves, and I have no idea why you had any expectations larger than that.

With that said, I think the C6 appears to be an excellent progression of the vehicle. Not only in performance (more horsepower and less weight), but also looks. It makes the C5 look like a pretty tired design, in my opinion. Especially when comparing the rear-ends, ie: the Road&Track picture.

Brett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom