Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! C6 Overheats only in 95+ weather, when A/C is on

V

vintage

I've had my 2006 C6 coupe since 2006. Lived for several years in TX and LA, never had any overheating problems. Moved to MT. When weather is very hot 90-100F and I have the A/C on, the temp gauge creeps up toward the 250 alarm point when I am in stop and go traffic. Not a problem at highway speed. If I shut the A/C off in stop and go traffic, temp returns to normal. Have had the cooling system flushed and checked at my local dealer. They said the thermostat was fine. Any ideas? Again, only a problem in hot weather, with A/C on, and in stop and go traffic.

You had the system flushed, but have you checked to see if there is debris in the fins blocking air going through?

Overheats

I have used TufOil, in a high miler, and had to (mostly) block off the radiator, at 0' F, to get heat from the heater! I assume the friction was dramatically reduced. I assume, also, using it - a vehicle would fail the required 'warm up' test, for emissions. I use it in my DD for improved fuel economy.

Make sure your fan is running correctly. If not check the connector located halfway up the radiator. Those like to melt.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom