Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 shifter in C5

vetahlk

Corvette
YELLOW 2002/RED 1/18TH C6 COUPE
Got a call today that my C6 shifter had come in. Monday I'll take my C5 in for the shifter change. I can't wait. I was all ready to have a BM ripper put in but a fellow club member said to wait as there might be another choice. He had recently driven the service manager's(from our sponsoring dealership and a member or our club) 6 speed C6 and really liked the shifter. After some discussion the service manager said he thought the C6 shifter might work in the C5. Well they tried it in my friends C5 and it worked. It looks and works great, so I too am going that route. I'll let you know how I like when I can take a break from going through the gears.
John:w

Do let us know what you think of it, and how it differs from the C5 shifter. Maybe even post a pic if you can get one.

Tammy

I took my C5 in this morning and had the C6 short throw shifter installed. Boy do I love it, IMHO it makes a world of difference over the stock C5 shifter.:D I will post pictures soon. It really looks goooooooood too. By the way I had the added pleasure of driving the service manager's C6 convertible around for a couple of hours while they worked on my vet. I was sitting in the waiting area and he came in and asked if I had driven a C6 yet. I responded that I had not. He then said, I'm sure you have better things to do than sit around here, take my C6 and come back in a couple of hours. I drove off with a big grin on my face. I better start saving for the next vet in my garage. You could say this has been a very good Monday. A multiple grin day!:D :D :D :D
John:w

vetahlk said:
He then said, I'm sure you have better things to do than sit around here, take my C6 and come back in a couple of hours.

That service manager is a KEEPER! wow.

Looks good. I liked that carbon-fiber look shifter too.
437488797awWrzN_ph.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom