Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 vert on cover of MT ...

L

LongTimer

Thanks to Alex 1217 over at CF in NY. Seems like it takes weeks for the new car rags to get out here to Ca. Anyway, here's what he said Motor Trend wrote ...

1. The convertible has the same tonneau cover as the C5 and the same waterfall, except with the C6 crossed flags on it.

2. It comes with an optional electronic top which folds down in 18 seconds and only adds 15 pounds to the vert. The electronic top also has a swing down lid in the trunk to block any luggage that may be in the trunk from crushing the rear window. The manual top does not come with this. The top is made by the same company that makes the XLR folding roof.

3. The rear window is now larger and comes with a cloth cover for the tonneau cover when the top is up so that sunlight doesn't reflect off it and cause glare on the rear window.

4. The top is more aerodynamic and unlike the C5 vert, the ribs won't "stick through" the top as easily.

5. interior noise level is greatly improved thanks to new seals on the top and with the C6's new tires and thicker insulation, its much more quiet than the C5 vert. Also, the bose stereo now has a new feature which, when the top goes down, the speakers automatically adjust to dampen the sound of wind when playing music.

6. The C6 vert with XM Radio comes with a "dorsal fin" on the trunk lid since the XM antenna is hidden beneath the hatch on the coupe.

7. Finally, when they asked Dave Hill if there will be a Z06 convertible, he said that even though there is a core group of people demanding it, there will NOT be a convertible Z06 but the C6 vert now has almost the same performance numbers as the current Z06 and almost as light.

The pics looked exactly like what everyone has photochopped the C6 vert like. The C6 shown was silver which looked really nice on it since it showed off the edges on the C6. That's all guys!

Here is a picture provided by AP on the Corvetteforum.

C6%20Vert%20(1).jpg

that's HOT...I just hope they made it so the top cant rub through the paint anymore, even if it isn't perfectly adjusted.

Thanks for posting the pics ... I will keep them up until all of the pics are release ... then they all get posted!

haha
just in from the gig - Beat me to it Blocker & Longtimer!!!! :)

AAP said:
Thanks for posting the pics ... I will keep them up until all of the pics are release ... then they all get posted!
Welcome to the forum AAP.:w Thanks for the pictures.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. That has got to be one of the hottest cars i've seen on the road in some time. This is pretty much clinching for me that my 95 will be replaced by a C6 vert. How can you go wrong with those looks and 400HP? :D

Leon

Well, I definately like the fairing behind the seats, but, I am sorry folks, I am having real trouble warming to the C6 design, generally, and the convertible version isn't getting me there either. I REALLY REALLY am trying, but I can't shake the feeling that at $50K I shouldn't have to convince myself that I like it. While I do NOT rely on public opinion polls to tell me what I like and I don't like, "Autoweek" noted a similar reaction in a poll it took of its readers, and the latest issue of "Corvette Magazine" also noted a similar reaction, especially concerning the interior. Frankly, go ahead and scream, but the new 2005 Mustang (especially the GT with the racing stripes) really seems to have struck a chord with me, although it has its detractors, too, and I have been struck by the fact that there many comparisons between the new Mustang and the new Corvette in which the Mustang is comming off as generating more excitement ("Autoweek" recently published several Letters to the Editor to this effect), even though the Corvette is twice the price and should be light years beyond. It's almost as if after all these years the Mustang has brought back something neat. For me, I will take a 145-150 mph top speed in a car that visually excites me rather than a 180 mph top speed in a car that doesn't, especially at half the price. It appears I'm not alone, and that GM and Bob Lutz need to pay some more attention to style than pure horsepower (the new GTO has also been criticized for looking like a mid-size airport rental). I guess I am still a boyracer at heart and want a car that they write songs about!

--Chris Kennedy
Houston, Texas

GM needs to bring back a killer Camaro. There is a gap right now and people think the C6 falls into it. That new Mustang is too retro and a new sleek Camaro with V-6 and V-8 would easily compete with and beat it. That being said... back to the thread! The new C6 Convert with the top down is cool, but wont pry me from my C5 vert. Thanks for the pics!:)

ROCKETBLOCK said:
GM needs to bring back a killer Camaro. There is a gap right now and people think the C6 falls into it. That new Mustang is too retro and a new sleek Camaro with V-6 and V-8 would easily compete with and beat it.
I TOTALLY AGREE! I am tired of these lame vette vs. 'stang comparisons. The vette performance compares favorably to many Porsches and some Ferraris, yet I don't hear anyone comparing those overpriced Euro hot rods with the 'skank, I mean 'stang.

IMO, we need the Carmaro to come back and keep the stang where (performance-wise) it has been since the '67 Z28, second place. The new Camaro design, however, must appeal more to the mainstream market, as does the 'stang, to assure its survival. I, and probably many of us here, like the super sleek design of the last gen Camaro. But the market demonstrated (by not buying) that it wants a more conservative design, lighter weight, and more utility.

An over priced, over weight, impractical (but great looking), low production SSR can not touch a 'stang market - nor can the GTO that comes in at about 180% of the 'stang's price. GM has completely abandoned that market, and Ford will make plenty of hay while the sun shines -just like the first time around (64-67). When the camaro finally does come back, it will be "behind" in the marketplace and have to play catch up again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom