Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 vs. Mustang (2005)

jimxo

Corvette
Sold my 1989 snif-snif
A friend of mine father is testing parts of the C6 brake system and said the new Vette will be unlike anything GM has built before. He claims they are going after the 911 and are betting the farm on it.

I'm hearing a lot of spam about the new Mustang in 2005 and wonder why Ford is going after the Vette? A car that is so far out of it's class it's almost not worth writing about.

We'll have to wait and see but I will post details as they become available, until then I'll drive my GS430.

jimxo said:
I'm hearing a lot of spam about the new Mustang in 2005 and wonder why Ford is going after the Vette? A car that is so far out of it's class it's almost not worth writing about.

I think Ford is going after the Corvette because it's the next target in terms of price. With the F-bodies out of the way, Ford wants to put a chink in the GM armor.

jimxo said:
A friend of mine father is testing parts of the C6 brake system and said the new Vette will be unlike anything GM has built before. He claims they are going after the 911 and are betting the farm on it.

We'll have to wait and see but I will post details as they become available, until then I'll drive my GS430.

Are these the CCM brembo brakes rotors that never wear out and reduce unsprung weight of the rotors by 30%?

Ask your friend if he thinks they would be retrofittable to the C5.

Thanks

JB

The Mustang, the Porsche and the Corvette are three different animals. 2 of the have a back seat and 1 does not. Different strokes for different folks!!! :beer

The Mustang is so far out in left field that they will never catch up to the Vette.......:crazy And that goes for more ways than one.......

I think all 3 are also geared towards different consumers:

Mustang is geared towards the younger crowd.

Corvette is geared for the kind of older, muscle liking yet need creature comforts crowd.

The Porsche is kind of like the Corvette crowd, but with less muscle.

If the new C6 is everything we hope it to be........the Mustang will not be able to touch it. (I don't think that the new Stang can touch the current C5). It is my hope that the General will knock our socks off with the latest rendetion of the American Dream.

On a side note, I heard that Dave Hill will be speaking this weekend at a car show in Amelia Island, FL describing the new C6. Can anyone confirm this? Or is it just rumor?

Nick

Well, it wasn't Dave Hill.....it was Dave McLellan. No discussion about the C6 either. But it was still a very interesting discussion about the Grand Sports. And, I got an autographed book (Corvette from the Inside) from Dave M. to boot. :D

Nick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom