Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6Z06 Tire recomendation

Drive them at highway speeds in the rain and let me know how you like them.:D

Catbert, Are you saying this because they are great in the rain or terrible?

Catbert, Are you saying this because they are great in the rain or terrible?

I found them worse than just bad - both on my 05 Z51 and 07 Z06. They are good handling tires but the wear factor and rain performance are miserable. IMHO :ugh

Well, they are on. Now a 330i Sport pkg is no Z06 but these tires are fantastic in the dry. It hasn't rained yet... so no telling what happens. I'll update again in a week.

I just did a trackday Wednesday. There were 2 Z06's. Mine with the "runcrap" OEM GY's and the other car had General UHP tires.

I have heard through various forums that the Generals were good for long lasting, commuter miles only. I was quite surprised to find they perform as well as (or better than) the GY tires. Granted, I have about 6,000 miles of wear,and I don't know what his wear condition was., but he was "right there" with the pace.
I didn't know the driver (he is quick) so that may have been it.

The track was 2.7 mile and 17 turn. The surface was new asphalt with blowing sand across it.
Sure was a lot of fun!:thumb

Hey, anybody got some Z06 tires to sell, cheap?:L

Well, they are on. Now a 330i Sport pkg is no Z06 but these tires are fantastic in the dry. It hasn't rained yet... so no telling what happens. I'll update again in a week.

OK so I drove them in rain... nothing scary... not even at highway speeds. Perhaps once some miles on them will perform differently. As of now I am very happy with them wet/dry.

The ride quality is SIGNIFICANTLY improved. Quieter, softer, more responsive, sticky.

Just my .02 cents

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom