Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C7 8v to 4v

Smmmokin'

Corvette
2015 Yellow
Does anyone but me notice an obvious abrupt lurch or jerk when the engine goes from 8 to 4 active cylinders?

This is on a 2015 coupe.

The only way I can tell that mine changes is by the light changing.

I can only tell because the exhaust changes tone. Never had any jerking. I was using the ECO mode constantly until recently when the gas prices started dropping. Now I just leave it in Tour mode and then Track when I am on my way to work at 04:30.

I can only tell because the exhaust changes tone. Never had any jerking. I was using the ECO mode constantly until recently when the gas prices started dropping. Now I just leave it in Tour mode and then Track when I am on my way to work at 04:30.

Thanks, Karl, do you have an auto trans? I don't.

Nope. 7 speed for me.

Any time. I fear the dealership like the plaque. I hope all goes well.

My 2014 C7 7 speed is seemless when it goes from 8 to 4 to 8. Before going to the dealer, you might want to go use the DIC where you can watch the engine display when it goes from 8 to 4, and determine if you get the learch when it does change. I only use econo when on open highway where I can cruise at the speed limit. In my opinion, you should use the other selections instead of econo when driving the Corvette, after all, it is the best Corvette ever made, so enjoy it.

Barrett

Last edited:
My 2014 C7 7 speed is seemless when it goes from 8 to 4 to 8. Before going to the dealer, you might want to go use the DIC where you can watch the engine display when it goes from 8 to 4, and determine if you get the learch when it does change. I only use econo when on open highway where I can cruise at the speed limit. In my opinion, you should use the other selections instead of econo when driving the Corvette, after all, it is the best Corvette ever made, so enjoy it.

Barrett

Thanks, Barrett, at first I didn't link the jerk with the change from 8 to 4. Then I noticed every time I felt the jerk she was dropping to 4.

But you're right it is definately the best Vette ever and I should forget about "economy," especially with the lowered gas prices. Although I would still like to find out why it does jerk. Ya know?

You are welcome Smmmmokin'. The CAC is the best Corvette forum on the internet, but you should also take advantage of the Stingray Forum dedicated to the C7 and search for posts from owners who may have experienced the same issue and what they did about it. Today is the last day for me to drive the C7 before storage tomorrow. C6 already in storage, so it is going to be a long winter with snow predicted next week. I still wave, even tho I am in a 4X4.

Barrett

You are welcome Smmmmokin'. The CAC is the best Corvette forum on the internet, but you should also take advantage of the Stingray Forum dedicated to the C7 and search for posts from owners who may have experienced the same issue and what they did about it. Today is the last day for me to drive the C7 before storage tomorrow. C6 already in storage, so it is going to be a long winter with snow predicted next week. I still wave, even tho I am in a 4X4.

Barrett

I will check them out!

Too bad about "bedtime," here in Florida it's 365, except when rain is predicted!! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom