Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Corvette News & Rumors...

7-speed manual - sounds pretty good to me. The C6 has 2 different sets of gears (maybe 3) to suit the performance requirements of all the different models. A 7-speed would mean one manual for all models.

Upgraded interior - can't wait.

Old man's car - it will be still as we're the only ones with fat enough wallets to afford the new Vettes.

It will be interesting to see what GM is going to do to get more buyers, especially the young buyers which GM is trying to target for the C7. They better not rice it out to attract them.

I think the twin-turbo V6 version might attract the younger crowd.

I hope that isn't the way the back end is going to look..........to Camaroish......IMO.

I don't think anyone likes what they are seeing from the drawings on the C7..

The front seems cleanly styled from the cover of the car and driver magazine..

Very derivative but sleek from the front.

6.2 liter Gen 5 V8 putting out 480hp?

I suspect those drawings might not be 100% accurate but they are probably close and...they do sell magazines.

Right now, powertrain-wise, I think a 400-hp V6TT is much less on the radar screen as I thought six months ago. GM Powertrain has different "arrows in the quiver" as far as choices it can make to give Corvette customers the performance they are used to having. The V6 TT is not an arrow you're going to see GM use right now. Later in the decade? Well, maybe, but I don't think for 2014

I think the 2014 will arrive with a 5.5-liter, Gen 5 V8 with GDI, VVT and maybe cylinder deac. My guess will be around 400-430-hp and it will make that power in a higher rpm range. I also think it's a fair bet that the supercharged 6.2 will eventually return in some form as a very limited-production engine for an "up level" model.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom