Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 LOL

I mean no disrespect to C6 owners but I have this same issue with the front end, the non-popup lights are not an issue (maybe a little better design). I am looking forward to a better design for the C7.

I have to agree. A better design from GM with all the supposed design and engineering resources they have for the C7. Oh, and by the way, the size of the azz on the C-5 has nothing to do with a poor frontal design on the C-6. :)

Here's my .02 cents. Sometime soon, the Corvette will be mid-engine, hence the chopped off rear end design for the C6's. If you look at almost all of the mid-engined designs there isn't much of a back end, I think GM is getting us prepared. Picture the C6 with a roofline flowing to the back with a non-wraparound window then picture looking down into it and seeing a LS10. That's right, a 10 cyl engine. A shallow roofline scoop for cooling purposes and huge scoops on its sides for brake cooling and radiator cooling....2 radiators, one on each side. And headlights? I'll let all of you who have their own opinions to exposed vs. pop ups make up their own minds on that.

my quick impression of what a front end should look like

Here is something a little closer to the way I think GM should be going for when it comes to maybe a new front end for the C7. Slim down the headlights! Make the car meaner looking. I just quickly mocked this up in photoshop, hopefully it gets back to somebody at GM. Feel free for anybody to improve upon.

Here is something a little closer to the way I think GM should be going for when it comes to maybe a new front end for the C7. Slim down the headlights! Make the car meaner looking. I just quickly mocked this up in photoshop, hopefully it gets back to somebody at GM. Feel free for anybody to improve upon.

Motor Trend has a similar rendering on the cover of their most recent issue. I agree the C6 could look more sinister up front. It looks like a jack-o-lantern to me at times when viewed head on. I hope they sharpen up the headlights and grill. The side profile, and rear end of the C6 are perfect though, IMO.

Motor Trend has a similar rendering on the cover of their most recent issue. I agree the C6 could look more sinister up front. It looks like a jack-o-lantern to me at times when viewed head on. I hope they sharpen up the headlights and grill. The side profile, and rear end of the C6 are perfect though, IMO.

I just received my monthly issue of Motor Trend and I think the Corvette on the cover resembles a combination of Ferrari's. Those side vents on the front fenders need to go. I like the headlights, much better than those on the current models. The high side crease looks good too. I'd like to see the C7 Corvette come with wide flared fenders front and rear. Lower the car too. Get back to the old "Coke bottle" shape.

Hmmm. okay - I'll make a prediction and say the new C7 will come out in 2010. That would be a 5 year run for the C6 model, 2005-2009.

Trust me, I just have a feeling for these things. ;)
Jane Ann

I'll see your 2010 and raise ya one.(2011) :blue:

Just read today the C7 will be much lighter than C6. Drivetrain layout will be front engine / rear drive.

Engine will be 4.7L V-8. Will be faster than base C6.

SAVE THE :w

Im not big on the rear end, it looks like it was chopped off, too angular when compared to the front if you ask me. Its a nice car but i find myself reminded of certain Japanese makes.

Maybe they could go back to a Stingray kind of design. I tend to think that the C6 is one of those stopgap generations, especially if the run is going to be only 4-5 years, which might mean a big redesign considering the C6 was not vastly different than the C5.
all you C-5 owners say that because you have never driven one. i have owned 3 C-5s and 2 C-6s and there is a BIG difference. the C-7 will be a 2012 model

help me out.... have you been talking about the Toyota C7 in 2010??
You know the one with the Tundra V8 and 6 speed auto.
A plastic Solara?

Easy fella I got my azz flamed about GM going bust and some company like KIA endin up with Bowling Green .That was two years ago and it was intended as a tongue in cheek .
But I don't flame people and ya might be right :D

You guys all are smoking too much whacky tobbaco.

"C7" is on hold indefinitely. If there is a Corvette past '12 it will be the C6.

all you C-5 owners say that because you have never driven one. i have owned 3 C-5s and 2 C-6s and there is a BIG difference. the C-7 will be a 2012 model

sorry, but i did go and test drive the c6 with the thought of buying one and was very happy to get back in my c5, the c6 was like a plastic built tank...not impressed at all...

GM & The C-7 Generation 20what?

Every series and/or generation has something that I like and maybe don't like as much. These are some of the things that make them unique in my humble opinion! At anyrate I am still a stickler for the hidden headlamps so I would like it if GM stayed with this design signature for future Vettes, kind of a signature thing when other mfg. are going full bore euro, just my two cents worth it or not! I do like the high tech of the C-6 and the interior is bad to the bone!!! I do think the C-7 if it comes about needs some real changes of it's own to identify it as WOW it's a C-7. Not to make the C-6 people mad believe me this would not my my intent but I think the C-6 engineers had a real challenge to improve or even not copy the C-5 style to make a significant difference in the series/generation changes! I have not driven a C-6 so I am not even close to being an expert, they are growing on me more these days but again it was tough to improve on the C-5 again in my humble opinion! Let's just hope GM recovers, keeps people working and can see their way clear to come out with the C-7. The C-6 ZO6 with the added scoops, and etc. helped the C-6 exterior for sure and the high tech interior is awesome! I am going to try to be optimistic that the next generation will be a signature Corvette as well or it will not be accepted by the die hards that we all know; and that could be anyone of us!

You all have a wonderful evening,

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom