Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Z51 tire pressure loss

2fast

Corvette
96 CE LT4 vert. plus 2015 C7 Z51
My 015 C7 Z51 has slow air pressure loss in all four tires, is anyone else experiencing this?

Air in Tires

My 015 C7 Z51 has slow air pressure loss in all four tires, is anyone else
experiencing this?

Some folks say that nitrogen or air it makes no difference. My Z51 was bought in March 2016 new with 7 miles on it. The tires were checked at the 500 mile oil change. I get an OK from the list of oil pressure, etc. The number read out says the correct lbs. I have nitrogen in them. Just saying no leaks so far.

corvette addict

Some folks say that nitrogen or air it makes no difference. My Z51 was bought in March 2016 new with 7 miles on it. The tires were checked at the 500 mile oil change. I get an OK from the list of oil pressure, etc. The number read out says the correct lbs. I have nitrogen in them. Just saying no leaks so far.

corvette addict

Thanks corvette addict, interesting I purchased my 015 new in April of this year. Don't have enough miles on it yet for the 500 mile oil change so haven't had dealer check out the air loss issue. when I do I will post.

Thanks corvette addict, interesting I purchased my 015 new in April of this year. Don't have enough miles on it yet for the 500 mile oil change so haven't had dealer check out the air loss issue. when I do I will post.

Keep in mind that 10*F equals to about 1 pound of air pressure differential, with the colder temps now that could be your issue.

I have no issues with mine, bought new in April.

I get that with my 2014 Z51. But I also had it with my 2009 C6 and 2010 Shelby GT500. What I found was this:

1) changes in temp (outside temps and also internal temps based on friction from driving) will also change tire pressure. The more you look, the more it will drive you nuts.

2) they all change the same. I just watch for differences. 3 tires drop two lbs.....but the fourth drops 6 lbs....something might be wrong with the fourth.

3) I drive it every day.....every few months, I add a bit more air to bring it up to spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom