Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C8 - FREE- (1st Oil Change) Includes FREE- (DCT Filter Change)

lasdoug2011

Much confusion at my local Dealers regarding (WHAT IS INCLUDED) in the FREE- (1st Oil Change) !!

My Local Dealers (3 out of the 5) in my area say the DCT filter change (IS NOT) included in 1st oil change, and I will be charged 600.00 to perform the required DCT Filter change.

I took my C8 to a dealer today (May 2021) to one of the dealers that agreed that the DCT filter (IS) included in the FREE- 1st Oil Change, and they will have my business from now on.

Today I had this dealer perform a preventive 1500 mile (oil change only) which I paid for Out Of Pocket and I will use this Dealer in the future to perform the required (7500 mile/1 Year), FREE- (1st Oil Change & DCT Filter Change).

I had this dealer printout for me the GM Service Bulletin regarding what GM will fully cover

on the 1st Oil Change which (can and must) be performed anytime within the (FIRST 12 Months).

Please see attached memo that every dealer should have access to, regarding DCT Filter.

DON’T LET THE DEALER CHARGE YOU FOR THE DCT FILTER CHANGE!!!

Attachments

• Service Memo (1st Oil Change-DCT Filter).pdf
    376 KB · Views: 566
Much confusion at my local Dealers regarding (WHAT IS INCLUDED) in the FREE- (1st Oil Change) !!

My Local Dealers (3 out of the 5) in my area say the DCT filter change (IS NOT) included in 1st oil change, and I will be charged 600.00 to perform the required DCT Filter change.

I took my C8 to a dealer today (May 2021) to one of the dealers that agreed that the DCT filter (IS) included in the FREE- 1st Oil Change, and they will have my business from now on.

Today I had this dealer perform a preventive 1500 mile (oil change only) which I paid for Out Of Pocket and I will use this Dealer in the future to perform the required (7500 mile/1 Year), FREE- (1st Oil Change & DCT Filter Change).

I had this dealer printout for me the GM Service Bulletin regarding what GM will fully cover

on the 1st Oil Change which (can and must) be performed anytime within the (FIRST 12 Months).

Please see attached memo that every dealer should have access to, regarding DCT Filter.

DON’T LET THE DEALER CHARGE YOU FOR THE DCT FILTER CHANGE!!!
Thanks for posting that along with the link. Appreciate it.

Thanks for posting that info.

Why did you have the oil (presume filter also) changed @ 1500 miles, and not wait to have that and the DCT filter changed at the same time?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom