Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cags Eliminator Roll Call!!!!!!!!!

AYE!
I stubbornly left it intact for about 8 months. I finally tried it just to prove to myself that I could install it. It turned out to be pretty easy, but the instructions were lame.

CubanZ06 said:
I do not have it but I am thinking about doing it! Cost?
The part is about $21. It is easy to do. I posted a thread with pics, but the attachments didn't make the transition from the old forum software to the new. I'll try to update the images soon.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22908&page=1&pp=15

"I"

Didn't like it in my LT-1....didn't like it in the ZO6. I like to shift when I want to, not when the car says I have to and to what gear.

Me too!

Aye laddie!,..I just ordered one myself

My feeling exactly!!!!!!!

ScatRat said:
"I"

Didn't like it in my LT-1....didn't like it in the ZO6. I like to shift when I want to, not when the car says I have to and to what gear.

Ever try driving with CAGS working in Los Angeles or DC traffic on a regular basis? No fun! :( :( :(

Yup!!!!! Driving in traffic is the pits ScatRat!
You are right about that!

Mr Cowl Hood said:
What are people doing about the CAGS light that comes on with the hardware delete mod?
Hi Mr Cowl Hood. Some have deleted the CAGS with a computer edit program, I believe it is referred to as an LS-1 edit. This also eliminates the light coming on. Others, like me, that have installed the elimination device, just ignore the light. I hardly ever see it. I wasn't even aware of it before the device was installed. Ignorance is bliss I suppose and as long as I can shift when I want and into which gear I choose, that silly light can just go on doing its own thing - Ha! :L

Hmmmm LS1 edit

Z_OH_6 said:
Hi Mr Cowl Hood. Some have deleted the CAGS with a computer edit program, I believe it is referred to as an LS-1 edit. This also eliminates the light coming on. Others, like me, that have installed the elimination device, just ignore the light. I hardly ever see it. I wasn't even aware of it before the device was installed. Ignorance is bliss I suppose and as long as I can shift when I want and into which gear I choose, that silly light can just go on doing its own thing - Ha! :L
Oh, I'm somewhat familiar with LS1 edit. That was good. :L

No, I was referring to the hardware mod -- like you did (hardware -- a hard type of modification Vs software, changed in the code).

So you guys just "ignore the light?"

Oh, ok, I got you. Yeah, I just ignore it. Hey, maybe I could put a piece of black tape over the dash area where the light is! LOL!!

No, you don't ignore it! You watch and wait, and every time it comes on you just shift into 2nd, feel that rush of joy from defeating the thing, and say "OH YEAH"! :D

Mr Cowl Hood said:
What are people doing about the CAGS light that comes on with the hardware delete mod?

MsSchroder said:
No, you don't ignore it! You watch and wait, and every time it comes on you just shift into 2nd, feel that rush of joy from defeating the thing, and say "OH YEAH"! :D
OH YEAH! Hey, I like that, think I'll try it next time. ;)

I, I bought it right after I orderd the car. I drove the car home from the dealer and installed the CAGS.

Light, what light? Is there a light? Hmmmm, haven't even noticed. :L

Mr Cowl Hood said:
Uuuuuh, okay. Just so I understand.

You guys get your jollies watching and defeating your CAGS system. THAT makes you excited????
Not really, just having some tongue-in-cheek board fun with the other guys. That's ok to do here isn't it?

Mr Cowl Hood said:
You guys get your jollies watching and defeating your CAGS system. THAT makes you excited????
YEP! I'm easily amused.

No, seriously. It is like a little nagging toothache that you ignore for weeks, telling yourself that it doesn't bother you all the time, its not that bad... yadda yadda.
Then you get it pulled. The OH YEAH is the feeling you get when you realize THE PAIN IS GONE!

:D

MsSchroder said:
YEP! I'm easily amused.

No, seriously. It is like a little nagging toothache that you ignore for weeks, telling yourself that it doesn't bother you all the time, its not that bad... yadda yadda.
Then you get it pulled. The OH YEAH is the feeling you get when you realize THE PAIN IS GONE!

:D
Very nicely put; in true ladylike fashion. I would have crudely said it is like a nagging pain in the, uh, differential, yeah, that's it. ;LOL

Before it left the dealer the CAGS was killed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom