Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cags

Whew!
I installed my CAGS Bypass kit today. Easy job (once you get the car off the ground)
Wish I had done this long ago. Sure is nice driving around in traffic and just dumping into 2nd gear anytime I want. I went ahead and purchased the kit from MidAmerica. So I paid $20. too much. It sure looks better than a 2k ohm resistor and black electrical tape. (IMO)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
Gus
Z06_CAC.jpg

this was my first mod. i love it, it's like getting your freedom back.:beer

Totally agree. The dash light still comes on but that is a small price to pay for the ease of driving as you wish or, in some traffic situations, as you must. :eyerole

Thank you sir! Nice to be here.

Yes CAGS sux that's for sure. When I purchased my Z, that was the first thing that I did. My 99 had the mod. too. To me, CAGS is dangerous. Imagine a tractor trailer about to slam you, and you are in 4th gear at 20mph? I need that gettaway punch.

i dig the fact that the light still comes on. it's like a reminder of how great the cags defeat is. :beer

:beer
yeah, skip shift is a royal pain, but I'm glad GM built it in to avoid the gas guzzler tax......it was my 1st mod on my f-body and my Z

sigshooter said:
i dig the fact that the light still comes on. it's like a reminder of how great the cags defeat is. :beer
That's interesting. The light still comes on even though it's defeated? That doesn't happen when it's tuned out via the PCM. Thanks for the info.

I went the more expensive route and programmed the computer. No shift light either.

BlackZ28Turbo said:
I went the more expensive route and programmed the computer. No shift light either.
Did the same thing as you blackz28Turbo!

Much better driving in traffic now!!!!

Eliminate skip shift

BlackZ28Turbo said:
What does a skip shift eliminator cost these days?

I might put together a pricing shcedule to beat that if anyone's interested.

For local people I could meet you, for others I guess you'd have to send me your PCM.

Mr Cowl Hood said:
What does a skip shift eliminator cost these days?

I might put together a pricing shcedule to beat that if anyone's interested.

For local people I could meet you, for others I guess you'd have to send me your PCM.
The CAGS defeat device itself only costs about $20. The same programming effect is more and done as part of the LS-1 edit I believe. I think there are progrmmers out there that individulas can buy for $200-300. Ah, the price of freedom. :L

Am interested in learning more about using an LS1 Edit. Can they reprogram the steering column lock process to release once and never insert pins again. Secondly, instead of saying Corvette by Chevrolet, I'd like my DIC to say Corvette for Mike

singledad_9 said:
Am interested in learning more about using an LS1 Edit. Can they reprogram the steering column lock process to release once and never insert pins again. Secondly, instead of saying Corvette by Chevrolet, I'd like my DIC to say Corvette for Mike
That's a good question. I haven't had one done so I'm not sure if those two things are possible. There's been some talk about a recall on the column lock problem but I don't think it has been issued just yet. I like your idea of the change on Corvette By Chevrolet though! :beer

I had my Cags done via LS1 edit!!!!!

Worth every penny!

Haven't put in a CAGS eliminator. I heard of it. But the way I drive I usually don't encounter that little annoying light when I have to shift. I could imagine in traffic it would be a pain in the butt.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom