Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway 580 Test Drives

kruzmisl

Corvette
1989 B2K Callaway/ 1966 Corvette Coupe
Well guys and gals,
While Chris was in Kansas I got to test drive the 08 Callaway 580. I had the privilege of Mr. Zoner allowing me to drive a 560 on the PA turnpike last year. I'm here to say WOW is an understatement. It's taken me a week to post!
First summary before the description, I challenge you to drive a FASTER car!
This thing is unreal and I think I even scared Chris! I won't say how fast we were are on right hand sweeper (Reeves!)
The acceleration and titillation are not to be believed. I was buzzing from the high while downshifting. I honestly felt, what on earth could be better than 580 forced, I probably will not get to experience.
SO.....
This thread is for test drivers reactions, owners experiences, Luigi's patience, and discussions as to what it is like to truly drive this sweet monster!

I know someone else who has made Chris a little seasick while riding a in a vehicle :D :L

Yeah, Yeah... :puke

The thrill of firing up the SC and putting you back in your seat is the best. It gives you a similar feeling of taking off in a jet!!:thumb

SURF??????
We are waiting for your post after your test. After all, this is what the thread is for. YOU got to feel the new seats you lucky dog. BUT what about "the pull?"

I always regretted with weather I didn't get a test drive in Bowling Green last year. The new Callaways are starting to divert my attention from the older ZR-1 Callaways. Waiting to hear more :beer

SURF??????
We are waiting for your post after your test. After all, this is what the thread is for. YOU got to feel the new seats you lucky dog. BUT what about "the pull?"

"The Pull?" Are you insinuating that I might drive a car a little hard? :D

I didn't get too much seat time but man if there is one thing that car does have....its "the pull." I don't think Chris has ever had a faster trip to Chili's for dinner. ;LOL

The seats....Wow! Those things are nice. If you are into tracking a car or autox'in those are IT! I dare say those are the best seats Ive ever been in. They are a little tough getting into and out of...kinda reminded me of getting in and out of a C4. Once in them they are comfortable and you are very locked in and connected to the car. Im sure you can "learn" the ingress/egress fairly quickly as Chris popped right out of the car. I can't say Id order them on a daily driver but Im not necessarily saying I wouldn't either. :thumb

I had a bit of seat time in the A6 616hp car...the M6 and the seats make the car feel a world different.

Ive never been in a car that got me as excited as my b2k from a visceral experience standpoint....until I drove the SC580. The power, shifter, brakes, seats, exhaust....it is the total package.

I give that car a big time two thumbs up! :upthumbs

I want one. :D

Let me know when you want to meet up. :upthumbs Tomorrow I'll be busy until around 6 probably. Tuesday I may be free all day long, not sure yet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom