Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway AeroBody owners, a request for help...

*89x2*

Folks, I got this email today and the owner is hoping we can help - Thanks :beer

Here is the email:

Can you ask your callaway guys for some more pics? I need some of the area underneth where the headlights go.....The lower front side bumper areas....There are 2 panels that I have here that look like they need a good bit of trimming, and it would be nice to see a picture or two.....It's not like I have directions over here....all this stuff has to go together with a clear mind and the ability to figure out a massive puzzle
Also see if you can get some pictures of the front bumper....very low ones...the lower valance to be exact....

...and another email:

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Here are a few pics....The bigger metal piece is the front lower filler panel...It looks like it needs trimming to make it fit...that is why I was asking you for possible pictures. The 2 long black brackets, well I'm just not sure on. The air damn spoiler pieces...I see where they would possibly go, but I am just alittle confused on their placement...They already have holes in them and they line up to absolutely nothing....[/FONT]

..and pics of the parts (and preview of the car)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is this perchance a ZR-1? I believe there's a guy whipping up an aerobody car with a larger motor, and I seem to recall the atomic orange color being mentioned. :v

They should not need to be trimmed. The metal braces attach on the "curb" stop, and the flat piece attaches to the front fiberglass nose. You should have recieved the install manual. I still have mine if you need any more information. It would be difficult for pictures as it is not on a lift at this time. Again I did not have to trim the metal parts when I installed mine. It's been a long time ago.

They should not need to be trimmed. The metal braces attach on the "curb" stop, and the flat piece attaches to the front fiberglass nose. You should have recieved the install manual. I still have mine if you need any more information. It would be difficult for pictures as it is not on a lift at this time. Again I did not have to trim the metal parts when I installed mine. It's been a long time ago.

We didn't get an installation manual. That silver metal piece has a matching one for the other side that is powder coated black...so i have one silver bare metal and one painted one.

Is this perchance a ZR-1? I believe there's a guy whipping up an aerobody car with a larger motor, and I seem to recall the atomic orange color being mentioned. :v

That would be correct. the Atomic Z will debut at the Gathering in BG 2007!

We didn't get an installation manual. That silver metal piece has a matching one for the other side that is powder coated black...so i have one silver bare metal and one painted one.

Now that I am thinking about it, my car has those - both in black.

They side w/ the flat part, sits vertically - they direct air towards the radiator, if I recall ;squint:

I tried to get into my garage last night - there is 4" of ice that butts against the doors from drifting when it was snow...

Frozen over, the truck won't even leave marks on this stuff ;help

Now that I am thinking about it, my car has those - both in black.

They side w/ the flat part, sits vertically - they direct air towards the radiator, if I recall ;squint:

I tried to get into my garage last night - there is 4" of ice that butts against the doors from drifting when it was snow...

Frozen over, the truck won't even leave marks on this stuff ;help

We figured we'd have to powder the one black:W

No worries Chris...it is all of 4 degrees here today

It is probably those two middle black pieces that we really don't have a clue about.

Thanks for all the help. Joanne @ Callaway is hooking me up with the installation manual. I may still need a few pointers from the experts...

How's the progress?????????? :upthumbs :w

Coming along. Last pictures I saw entire car was primed and blocked. Underside of hood, door jams and inside of doors all painted. RedB2k's has been of great help to Mike providing information on the last couple of pieces. I try not to be a pest everyday asking "what's happening today?"

I am still on target to be at the Gathering with the "ATOMIC-Z" :D

i didn't want to put a stock emblem into the nose of my AeroBody, I am have a custom one made that will be absolutely sick!!

Great. I will be looking forward to seeing it in the next few weeks. If you need anything else, Just ask. I will help all I can.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom