Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway C8 race car

Brangeta

Found this pic in one of my infrequent searches on the internet.
IMG_0192.jpg

Apparently it was in Milford, Michigan in June 2005. Looks awesome! Note the emblem on the nose... it's a full C8! :cool

I'm not sure if this car is the same one that I have pics of. The car I have seen was a full race prep Camaro. Scott Rawling at Callaway was on the team that raced it as the #88 Raybestos Camaro. It was Silver first, then white. I believe it is in a private collection now, but not sure.

I have additional pics of it when it was white, as well as underhood shots showing the full tube frame, but they are too large. I will try to learn a new trick and resize them.

Anthoy

Mr. Callaway C8...wow very cool...I have not tackled a C8 model yet, but this may be the ticket for me. This C8 has a wicked look...I love it. If you will share the images, I will do a conversion and make a set of molds for a scale
C8 finally....Let me know what you think on email...Brangeta, I will be happy to slip you a set too. If you can send me the images on email I can get started...My email box can take 20mbs worth....If you are willing...mike

I'd LOVE to see the extra pictures. My email account can hold 2 gigs of data (probably have a remaining 1.5 gig available) and each file can be a max of 10 mb. I'd really love to see all of the images if you can send them!

brangeta (at) gmail.com

Please notify me on this topic if you email the pics. That email address isn't one of my primary ones, I only use it for storage of files to school, work, and home.

Critt -- I can't wait to see what you make! Do you think it will be 1:24 scale or will it be larger/smaller?

The model I used was a GM promo that they sent to dealerships. Nice quality, but very static -- no moving parts other than wheels. It is VERY similar to the one Revell or Monogram made. I know Maisto made a convertible model that was made of metal, but I believe the windshield fit awkwardly. There is another manufacturer of a model kit that I believe might have been pretty good, but I can't remember the name at the moment. I have pics of it somewhere though. I believe it was 1:20 scale

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom