Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Fever

L

LouBelleraVideo

I took my 88 Callaway twin turbo honey for a cruise today and WOW what a pleasure to drive this honey. I delayed taking the beast out until the pollen from the trees subsided.I am a Felix Unger type when it comes to getting "stuff" on my paint job.The power is awesome yet you can drive it like a daily ride. Holds the road great especially with the Z51 suspension. Gave it a nice wax job too.To my fellow Callaway owners: Isn't it great owning this piece of Vette History? I know I'm sure damn proud to take it out for a crusie now and then and let the citizens have a look at the Callaway. Love them Vettes!:cool

LouBelleraVideo said:
I delayed taking the beast out until the pollen from the trees subsided.

Wow, Lou, you're even worse than me!!! I didn't think that was possible ;) I had mine out for a nice little "cruise" too. I'm very happy that I resolved what I thought was a major computer issue with just a new battery. It's amazing the crazy symptoms you can get from having a questionable battery. It was only 2 years old but unfortunately had been completely drained a few times during that time period.

I'm not sure pollen could stick to the car the way I tend to drive it when I get it out. I just love the rush of those turbos as they spool up to full boost. Nothing like breaking the tires loose in the first 4 gears! It's a weird feeling actually because they break at the high end of the RPM's and not right at the shift like most normally aspirated cars. It's a little hairy when it happens at 100mph+ in fourth. :eek :bu

I'm pretty sure the general public hasn't got a clue what it is but they sure do look! Every now and then I'll run into someone who knows about them but few have actually seen a full on Aerobody TT. It's fun to talk with someone who's got a little bit of knowledge about them and can appreciate the rarity.

LouBelleraVideo said:
To my fellow Callaway owners: Isn't it great owning this piece of Vette History? I know I'm sure damn proud to take it out for a crusie now and then and let the citizens have a look at the Callaway. Love them Vettes!:cool
Lou, Sounds like a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!! check your e-mail... I sent you a post about the Callaway Reunion a few weeks ago and never heard back re: hotel.
Let me know what you decide@ turbo_2xs@hotmail.com
thanks, *89x2*

I would love to go to the Callaway reunion but the problem is I am too narotic about drivng the car that many miles,road chips etc, driving it in the dirt around up in Carlisle and then letting it bake in the sun all day.Ha Ha. what can I say? I'm just nutty that way about my Vettes.3 out of the 4 I own I save as works of art or museum pieces. The only one I drive a few times a week is my 86 white pace car convertible, but keep it pristine.The others stay garaged and peek their heads out once in a while for a Sunday drive.:eyerole

90Callaway,

I agree with you. 99% of the people have no idea/recollection what a Callaway corvette is, especially here in south florida where there are so many immigrants. I get more questions when driving my GNX than my Callaway.

Most people tend to think its a C4 with a body kit since it is so quiet until they see the power of the boost as they are dusted way behind :)

Luigi

SEEYA AT CARLISLE !!!

I noticed a ricer in an Integra trying to get beside me one day in Lynnwood. He floored me by yelling across traffic "Is that a Callaway?" When I nodded yes he gave me a thumbs up and then took off. It kinda embarrassed me that a ricer could spot what most Vette owners can't.

Yes, one C5 owner said in my CF post "get the FRC as I have no idea about Callaways" or something like that.

I replied "you would if you raced one." :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom