Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Super Natural Cam?

Corvette
1996 LT4 Supercharged and 2002 Z06 656 whp
A few weeks ago I saw these in e-bay:

corvette callaway supernatural cam & springs
350 callaway nos supernatural cam & springs

This auction is for a nos Callaway cam, comp valve springs and lube. Made for a Callaway Supernatural Corvette. The SN's were a high performance car built by callaway cars in Conecticut in the 90's. This cam fits LT1 and LT4 roler cam 350 engines and works best with 5 speed or stall equiped cars. With free flowing exhaust and a computer chip expect 50+ HP. Valve springs can be installed without removing the heads. Cam spects-IN Lift .486 - EX Lift .503 - IN Duration at .050 224 degrees - EX duration at .050 230 degrees. Good luck on bidding for a supernaturally powerful cam.

Now after some work it is in my 94 LT1 but did not get more info from the seller. It works great! But I would like more info. First I thought it was a used one from a Callaway Vette; but it was new, never used but like it was in storage for some time.
Anyway.Does anybody knows who used to make the Callaway cams? If it is a copy are those the right specifications of a Callaway Cam?

It has the following engraving: 10-38-97
M00150AL
What it means?

I will really appreciate any help or coment about these matter :w

Does anyone here know the specifications to their SNAT cam? I know Reeves swayed away from aggresive cams with high lift figures. Anyone...........

Johnny

FX GS said:
I thought this was info that Callaway generally kept to themselves and was not released..................
Callaway Cars has not published their cam specs, as much of the development for each package was done in emissions labs, ensuring emissions compliance -

I did have my cam in my 93 SuperNatural inpsected and the results were written down and put into the cars file in Old Lyme - as an owner of a complete car, I don't know exactly the spec's however, I was assured that the reason my 1993 did not use 1.6 rockers was the lift was greater already on some cams that others.
Understand, that the SuperNatural engine building program was somewhat evolutionary - what was designated as part contant in 1992 at the begining of the run, may have changed over the years as new(er) technology became avail. or components were changed for other reasons.

I would suggest as far as verification of the cam, contact Callaway Cars @ techinfo@callawaycars.com as I have not heard of any of the owners of the SNAT's pull their own cams out (yet??)

I would be curious to hear from other SNAT owners on this one - :upthumbs

I hope this helps :m
-Chris

The strange (low) lift (.486"/.503") for the cam duration took my atention and I've been looking around the net and can't find any 224°/230° with the same lift.

I think it is a copy (I don't feel lucky to have an original) but I'm not sure. What I do know now that it's in my vette is that it pulls like a rocket!

Right now I'm in the process of tuning the PCM and if I finish the job this week it may be in the Dyno by Saturday and I'll let you all know.

In the main time, if someone has any clue or coments please let me know!

Thanks everybody! :w

Callaway Cars has not published their cam specs, as much of the development for each package was done in emissions labs, ensuring emissions compliance -

I did have my cam in my 93 SuperNatural inpsected and the results were written down and put into the cars file in Old Lyme - as an owner of a complete car, I don't know exactly the spec's however, I was assured that the reason my 1993 did not use 1.6 rockers was the lift was greater already on some cams that others.
Understand, that the SuperNatural engine building program was somewhat evolutionary - what was designated as part contant in 1992 at the begining of the run, may have changed over the years as new(er) technology became avail. or components were changed for other reasons.

I would suggest as far as verification of the cam, contact Callaway Cars @ techinfo@callawaycars.com as I have not heard of any of the owners of the SNAT's pull their own cams out (yet??)

I would be curious to hear from other SNAT owners on this one - :upthumbs

I hope this helps :m
-Chris
I know this is 18 years late, but since no one has come along with the answers, i have "some" of them.

Chris, my SNAT, formerly your SNAT, has the following specs:

Lift:
Intake .332
Exhaust .332 ( .498 with the 1.5 rockers it had, .531 with the Crane Gold 1.6 RRs it now has)

Advertised duration:
Intake 280*
Exhaust 280*

@ .050:
Intake 218*
Exhaust 218*

The springs used originally were Crane 99846 (single spring with an internal damper coil), and i installed a brand new set of Crane 99846 when i did the valve stem seals and installed the Crane Gold roller rockers (which are what Callaway installed on some SNATs)

At the same time, i also fitted the tubular headers (you will know the ones) and new AC Delco platinum plugs, same as it already had in it.

It was quick before all that, but after that was noticeable. It was put to me by a man that would know these engines very well, that those changes should have added around 30-35 horses.

Many many years after the question was asked, and now you know what was fitted in at least two SNATs :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the information and welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom