Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway SuperNatural exhaust question

Aurora40

Corvette
1990 red on red ZR-1
Does anyone know what the guts of these systems are? Are they straigh-through with glass packing? Are they baffled like a Flowmaster? Are they chambered or consist of U-bends? One way to tell a little is to look down the muffler. Can you see through it to the other side, or are there things in the way? A glass-pack style usually you can see the whole way/most of the way down and it looks like a highly perforated tube inside the muffler. This is the regular side exit I'm wondering about, not the center exit. :)

Also, it looks like the DD part is merely a slip-on cosmetic piece, can it be removed easily for a more stock look?

attachment.php

Bob, there were a couple versions that I have seen of the SNAT exhaust cans - the ones I have seen have had a "glass packing" and yes, you can see right through them :cool

They were made by another company - at least the versions I have seen with the tips designed and made by Callaway Cars :cool

Speaking of exhaust - these unique pieces are up for bid :eek

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Callaway-Corvette-Headers-for-LT-1-and-LT-4-motors_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33632QQitemZ8041649286QQrdZ1

You are looking at a set of Stainless Steel Callaway Headers the fit 1992-98 lt1 and lt4 Chevrolet Corvettes. These are the real thing, these were the last set that they produced, We purchased them 6 months ago installed them on a car, and the car was in a accident and the car was a total loss, the rear half was totaled. So we are parting out the car. They are a bolt on, they used all stock emissions controls and catalytic converters.

17_1.JPG

FWIW to anyone else interested, they are a straight-through style. The mufflers have a perforated tube wrapped in a stainless mesh with glass packing. The mixing chamber is straight through also and of similar construction.

The bummer is they no longer sell a bolt-on SuperNatural system for my car (or any C4 I'd assume). So I'd have to take the car to Callaway to have one fabricated/installed.

The drawbacks to me are that it's not close and it would take a few days, so that's a travel issue. And I want to keep my stock exhaust. The difficulty there lies in how to bring it home in one piece, not easy to do as I don't own a truck. I'd prefer not to cut it and definitely want to keep it.

So it looks like the SuperNatural exhaust is off the table for me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom