Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Callaway} What is your story??? How did you...

*89x2*

Here in the Callaway Forum, we talk an awful lot about parts, performance, what's new - what's old, etc. How about what led us to buying our Callaways...

What did it for you?? What got the dream started and then later, changed your status from enthusiast, to owner?? :cool

My Callaway story can be read here: http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/COTM/2006August/cotm.htm

...looking forward to hearing yours :cool

I was going to purchase a Pantera and happened to run across an '87 TT. I eventually passed on owning a Pantera but went back to test drive the TT and that's all she wrote. It has all the aspects of a 70s era muscle car that I wanted (sound, speed) with a few more modern amenities. I had read about the Callaway performance at the Shootout or Gathering of Eagles (if memory serves) so I knew I had something special.

Here goes my story..

I have dreamed of owning a Corvette about 15years. Top of my dream was zr1, but here in Finland servicing that would be a lot of hassle. As a young kid I read about Callaway Sledgehammer and thinked about what a wicked machine.
Never in a million years I thinked that someday I would drive a Callaway TT. So because zr1 was out of picture I discovered that the same english TT that I have sawn at the webpage for sale about year ago. Owner (malc350) has dropped the price so low that I just have to have it. So off I Flyed to England and bought myself a TT. Right now my TT is the only Callaway in Finland. That`s about it :w

Very cool guys :cool

...seems like a common theme here was you read about them at one point, buying your own later on :cool

TAC, yes, "Gathering of Eagles" was a shootout - it had the "Top-Gun" Callaway 231mph :eek

Any other tales from Owners?????? :beer

I didn't think this was worth creating a new topic for since it fit so well in this one. :)

I had a date with a girl today and the conversation naturally went to cars eventually (as most of my conversations tend to do).

As time went by, I finally whipped out my Callaway C8 plans from my wallet and showed them to her.

Here's the kicker: she didn't like it. Said she doesn't like sports cars.

I stood up and left.

Well, not really, but I did say she had terrible taste, and did so with a smile. :) She told me when I finally have it built she'd take persuading to change her opinion. We shall see. ;) As with my first experience seeing a Callaway, I'm quite sure her opinion will change instantaneously. :D

Good Story... so there is hope for her afterall :L

-Luigi
:cool

I must be honest, I knew nothing about Callaway corvettes except for the `twin turbo' label. Boy was I surprised and excited when I started learning the facts :). I had gone thru a bad purchase of a 65 rodster, but was able to get my money back. I am so glad I had the opertunity to purchase my 2003 Z06 from Callaway. I feel the name says it all. I wanted something different and I couldn't had made a better choice.

I must be honest, I knew nothing about Callaway corvettes except for the `twin turbo' label. Boy was I surprised and excited when I started learning the facts :). I had gone thru a bad purchase of a 65 rodster, but was able to get my money back. I am so glad I had the opertunity to purchase my 2003 Z06 from Callaway. I feel the name says it all. I wanted something different and I couldn't had made a better choice.

...and with the fine history of your car, it is a great one to own! :beer

When I was in high school, my father collected several cars, including Callaways. I used to drive 87TT 004 and race my dad who drove an 88 Anniversary TT (#101). My brother drove 87TT 104(I think). The 88 was the fastest. My father also ordered the 90 Callaway B2K that never got built. The 35th Anniversariy cars were always his favorite, and he found one (used with 2300 miles) from Chris Iten Chevrolet, so he cancelled the 90. I remember sitting in it at John Jochem Chevrolet in Stuart Florida.

He collected cars through the years, and got out right at the '92 bust of the car market. For old times sake, he picked up a 96 Callaway Camaro off of ebay around 2000. I drove it and ended up loving the drivability of the SN400 and the space. It was no TT, but fun. I then picked up a 95 vert, a 95 T top, and the red C8 #001. He finally got tired of the 96, so I bought/traded my 70 Charger 440 RT for it. It turned out to be the only 96 A4. I got rid of the 95 t top in turn.

I still want that #004 87 vert.

Anthony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom