Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Z06R to race in BELCAR Series

C

critt99

PK Carsport now comes to Belgium for the opening round of Belcar GT3 championship in Zolder, where the team enters for the first time the brand new Callaway/ CarSport Corvette Z06 GT3.

DSC_8174.jpg

Finally, one that isn't yellow (or silver). That looks REALLY nice painted/wrapped like that.

Critt, do you know if this car will also run in the 24 houres of Zolder (also Belcar compatition)? I was there in 06 and will try to be there this year :)

Groeten Peter.

Callaway Z06R Whips the competition at the first BELCAR race for 2007

Yes, Peer-dude they will be at 24hr Zolder...I will give you my first born if you can take some pics for me....

corvette.jpg

More than 20.000 spectators were under an almost summer sun in attendance for the Belgian First Race featuring BTCS, the first round of the Mediagroep Van Dyck Belcar.

The first half of this race, also the beginning of the GT3-era, was without doubt of a very high level, with four different makes within a handful of seconds. The Corvette with Longin, the Dodge Viper with Heyer Jr, the Porsche with Soulet and the Aston Martin with Marchal at the wheel provided exciting viewing up till the pit stop. The only one missing from the roll call was Mosler. In fact all Moslers disappeared far too early out of the race, and it appeared as though they could not bear the pleasant spring warmth.
At times it looked easy for pole man Bert Longin, but it wasn’t the case. First he saw his lead melt like snow under the sun with the appearance of the Safety Car – there was debris on the track– and then there was a quirky accelerator pedal and overheating brakes made it difficult for the driver from Leuven.
“The throttle cable was not returning progressively, which was definitely losing me a second per lap and on top of that it was anything but ideal for the gearbox”, Bert explained after finishing his stint.
But once again PK Carsport proved their reputation during the driver change over. The team won no less than 24 seconds ... standing still. The young champion Anthony Kumpen drove his Corvette Z06 N°1 to a perfect victory, with approximately a 25 second bonus on the young wolves in the GPR Porsche 997: Maxime Soulet and Guillaume Dumarey, who also both drove a magnificent race.

Hello Mike,

That would be an honour for me! Just tell me if you want some details in photo, no problem! Last year we had some starting grid tickets (from the Belgium corvette club) so you could stand next to them.
With some luck I'll try to sneak up and slip into the lip lane in the night, so I could take some video footage like last year. In the night is very quiet and only the die hard 24h freaks are on there feet. Very nice to talk to people. Last year everybody there was so friendly you could walk right into a pit-box with some teams. Look around and chat with some folks. Walk very slowly to the pit-lane and tada you could walk besides the pit-lane very easy. Just respect the marshals and stay out of everybody's way. I'll do my best to get the pictures or even more :)

Groeten Peter.

Now, there is a good question.......hum!

Peer81, I would love for you to get some images...we will talk more about that later. Thanx...

Very nice video! Ashame that when the Corvette drivers talked dutch the France reporter babbled through it. When you're on the circuit you can hear the V8's coming from a mile away very very cool!

Groeten Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom