Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Calling All Drivers

MagicDragon

Corvette
1987 Callaway Twin Turbo
The Northern Virginia Corvette Club is hosting a 9 event NCCC HIGH SPEED autocrosse up at Summit Point Raceway on October 9th and 10th! This is a great place to exercise your heart and Callaway (or non Callaway Corvette) for a very low price. The autocrosse is on the Jefferson Circuit and is a ton of fun! These autocrosse's are all high speed events so you can (if you want) drive full tilt. It's a great oppurtunity to learn your and your Vettes limitations! You do need to have a NCCC High Speed certificate to race. If you've done any racing schools or Friday at the track (FATT) sessions in the last couple of years then you quailfy! But you should talk to the race director Andrej Blanc about getting the cert. Here is a link to the event with all the info. I will be doing all the autocrosse's on Saturday(5)- I won't be able to attend on Sunday. I hope to see some of you there- That means you Mark!:D :w

That might be worth the drive :upthumbs

Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone else showing up for this one? :v

I still have the NCCC high speed license, however, a clarification would be good here. Summit is infamous for only accepting drivers that have been signed off during their FATT (or other) sponsored events. I would hope that they would allow drivers to enter that were not FATT certified but have the NCCC certification. I mention this because Summit is the only track that I've been to that required a "special sign off" of your skills. They don't much care if you've had tons of road course experience or have won your class in points for the last 4 years.... they still want their instructor to sign you off... Just an FYI.

** Edit ** I looked around on the Virginia Vette club site and it states that you need to have at least 10 low speed autocrosses under your belt or one certificate from a high speed driving school. If all that info is issued to the NCCC they will issue you a high speed license. The one thing it doesn't state is that you probably already have to be an NCCC member.

Eric, I know you have run in these types of events in the past - are you considering driving down for this one too??

I think I will have "Daddy Duty" w/ my wife traveling that weekend but will try to head up there to watch Turbo Joe run the B2K :eek

Enjoy :v :m

Summit Point pic:

3TRAKSL.GIF

Summit Point pic:

3TRAKSL.GIF
[/QUOTE]
Man!! By the looks of that map......if you slide off any of those turns and you are falling into a deep hole!!!!!:eek :D

Reuben, LOL ;LOL Good stuff ;)

Truthfully, I think that is just showing the elevations, as the track is situated on gently rolling terrain in WVA, right outside Northern VA :upthumbs

...interested in a road trip to watch Turbo Joe rocket past the competition???

*89x2* said:
...interested in a road trip to watch Turbo Joe rocket past the competition???
Chris, I'd like to, but if I spend all my money running around to hang out with the owners......I'll never have enough money to buy a Callaway of my own and become one the owners! Hope you guys have a good time!! Take some pictures!!!

Is there a fee for spectating?

And, driving from Indiana to WV just to spectate? You'd certainly take home the Callaway-crazy award... :)

Aurora40 said:
And, driving from Indiana to WV just to spectate? You'd certainly take home the Callaway-crazy award... :)
......I did drive to Carlisle!!!

All fans can watch for free! The only fee's are for the racer's. If you want to get close and personal you can be a corner worker! On the graphic the Jefferson Circuit is the one on the left that looks like a big backwards L, gold in color. Eric come on down! You still have your NCCC HS cert. The 10 low speed autocrosse's must have been run under NCCC events. I'm not sure if you have to be a NCCC member to run. If you already have a NCCC HS cert. then you don't need a check-off by Summit Point (BSR) Raceway. Hope to see you there.

Aurora40 said:
Heheh, you wanna watch my Aurora turn some laps? ;)
You betcha, that why I said spectating is not fun!!

Aurora40 said:
Heheh, you wanna watch my Aurora turn some laps? ;)
Come on out Aurora, you will see a big mix of Vettes there. Everything from bone stock to 1800 lb fully race prepared fire breathing beasts. There is always some excitement in the air. Its a great way to spend the day. I'll be playing with the ZR-1's in the street class 1FS. I don't think you'll be able to hot lap the Aurora though.:D

*89x2* said:
Mark, Do you think you can race that day?? Looking forward to seeing (HEARING) your SNAT :upthumbs
??? The SNAT is still at Old Lyme. I called on Friday to see how things were progressing but had to leave a voice mail. Thought I'd hear back today but never got a call so I'll give another call in the A.M.

*89x2* said:
Mark, Do you think you can race that day?? Looking forward to seeing (HEARING) your SNAT :upthumbs
??? The SNAT is still up at Old Lyme. I called Friday to see how things were progressing but had to leave a voice mail message. Thought I'd get a call back today but did not hear from anyone so I'm going to give them another call in the A.M.

Mark, Keep after them;). I know perfection takes time but 001 is getting anxious and I need the support of a Callaway brother on the track! And it's the perfect oppurtunity to exercise your new upgrades!!!! If there is any possibility of you making it start looking into getting your NCCC HS cert. if you don't already have one. Let me know if you need any info. This could turn into a nice little Callaway gathering:D

Mark, Don't know if you have decided to head down - I saw this online and thought I would pass it along:

"October 9th and 10th, the NVCC will be hosting nine high speed autocross events at Summit Point Raceway, SPOOKTAKULAR 2004!

Check out the NVCC July newsletter for registration form or come the the June General Business Meeting. This is a limited availability event that sells out every year. Contact me or Andrej at redvetteconvertible@yahoo.com or just ask your questions on this forum for any information.

We are planning a spectacular Fall event this year, so register early! "

Also:

To get the license you must be able to prove to Andrej's (NCCC's actually) satisfaction that you have attended 10 low speed autocrosses in the past 18 months OR have attended one track event school such as BSR's at Summit (Friday At The Track) FATT or NASA event.

Hope you can make it - I would love to hear those Meg's at WFO Throttle :D

See ya :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom