Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Can General Motors' 2014 Corvette Stingray Really Revive Sales?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Can General Motors' 2014 Corvette Stingray Really Revive Sales?

By Daniel Miller
The Motley Fool
January 18, 2014

There's an elite group of sports cars in America that have reached iconic status over the decades. That group includes General Motors' (NYSE: GM ) Chevy Corvette. For fans of the sports car, it's been a sad few decades in which sales have steadily declined from their peak popularity. However, as America's largest automaker continues to refresh its vehicle lineups, there's hope that the Corvette can make a comeback. Sales of the all-new Corvette Stingray have been soaring over the past year; are they here to stay, and what's it mean for car buyers and investors alike?

vette_sales_large.png

Graph by author. Source: General Motors' monthly delivery reports.

What's in it for car buyers?
To put it bluntly, car buyers are getting one heck of a vehicle. The 2014 Corvette Stingray's all-new LT1 6.2L V-8 engine cranks out 460 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque and is plenty more than you'll need for racing that tricked-out Honda Civic that just rolled up to the stop light. GM estimates that the Corvette will run from 0 to 60 in less than four seconds.

Just this week the Corvette Stingray was named 2014 North American Car of the Year, and the new ride has seemed to squash years of complaints about having a plain interior design.

Full Story: Can General Motors' 2014 Corvette Stingray Really Revive Sales? (GM)

I did my part and bought a 2014 Corvette Convertible.

I like it. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom