Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Can Not Get My Center Console Off

manofsteel

Trying to get the radio out of the console along with trying to fix my clock. Took all of the screws out, removed the wiper control and still could not get it out. Yes the bottom nuts are off. Popped out the top but could notget it out. Radio nobs and are off. Seems to be hanging up in the middle. Screws are all out. Thanks Jim;shrug

I think there is a hidden screw directly under the console vent.. on my car it holds the louver thing to the actual vent. hard to find it at first. other possiblities are the guage tubes if they are not electric.

The AIM helps. Order the AIM for your year.

68-76 cars usually have a metal brace on the right side of the radio holding it to the underbody.

Check for five trim screws in the cluster bezel. Two on each side and one at the top. You already know about the two studs at the bottom of the cluster.

Good luck.

:)

What year? When I did my 75 interior (Link Here) I ran into a stubborn cluster You will have to remove the vent assembly in order to get the cluster out. The 2 screws under the vents hold it ot the ducting and need to be removed. Here are some pics of that assembly if it helps
005-2.jpg

004.jpg

corvetteinterior023.jpg

Dash out

Sorry all, it is a 1973 vette coupe. Also trying to get the dashpad out too. Sure that I took all of the screws out of the guage console, but something is holding it in the middle????????

Sorry all, it is a 1973 vette coupe. Also trying to get the dashpad out too. Sure that I took all of the screws out of the guage console, but something is holding it in the middle????????

For the dash, there may be a bracket that attaches to the firewall. I know there was one on mine.
Hope there's someone with a 73 that can provide a little more insight here. I don't know what differences there are with the 73

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom