Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

can you help me find this part?

CROOZ1N

Corvette
1993 Torch red coupe
Corvette Upper Center Air Deflector Brace, 1991-1996
It's no longer available from ecklers PN 44674.
Mine has been missing since I bought the car last May.

Corvette Upper Center Air Deflector Brace, 1991-1996
It's no longer available from ecklers PN 44674.
Mine has been missing since I bought the car last May.

A 12" length of 1/2" electrical conduit add a hacksaw, drill, a vice and a can of black spray paint.

Or if you don't like that solution buy a new one from a dealer PN10149267

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

Very Nice solution!! Anyone have dimensions. I dont have one so I'm not sure of the distance between the 90 and the lower angle.

I wouldn't use EMT conduit because it won't hold paint very well. Find some mild steel thin wall tubing of the right OD. Don't flatten the ends with a hammer, use a vise or a press and a few pieces of flat plate. This will make a much neater collapse.

Sand blast it before priming and painting. This should allow you to make one that will pass for original if you're careful.

the easiest way to make your own is to use a piece of cardboard as a template.
use either small od tubing as suggested or a piece of strap/scrap metal. If you use flat stock, put in the vise with about 1/2" open and hit with a hammer to create the strengthening bend (center). If you are like me you have lots of potential material around the house. If you use the galvanized pipe, the paint may not stick, but if it goes under the dash you dont need paint.

njloucs method will work too. My method was how to make one that could pass for an original part. If you're not into originality or car shows, then his method is more practical.

Just buy a used one on e-bay. I see them often for just a few dollars. You could also post in the for sale section on this site that you want one and there may be someone here that has one available.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom