Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Can't Find A Cam-Corder Windshield Mount Anywhere...

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
I know their on line but I need it before Thursday 9/27/09 both for Carlisle and Bowling Green. I went to Best Buy....Sears.. Walked the Mall's ...and guess what..?? You can't find a Camera store anywhere that sells Suction cup or dash mounts .

I have a 09 C-6 Cp. And a Sony Handycam. Ritz Camera closed ther retail outlets here in South Joisey Atlantic City Area or egg Harbor Township. Theirs not a Camera store to be found that has one.

So I guess my choices are.. Over night on line or Duck Tape.:D.

Any one got any Ideas???;help

Manfrotto makes some suction supports.

Here are a couple:
tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 241V - SUCTION VIDEO SUPPORT
tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 241FB - PUMP CUP WITH FLAT BASE

With either of them you will have to purchase a ball head or something similar to attach your camera to the support.

I have the 241V myself and it works quite well but takes up a bit of room. But you have more flexibility to get your camera in the proper position for shooting. The 241FB may be more to your liking since it would have a smaller size with a ball head but with it you may have some difficulty getting your camera in the proper position.

You should be able to order these from any good online camera retailer in time for your Thursday trip.

Manfrotto makes some suction supports.

Here are a couple:
tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 241V - SUCTION VIDEO SUPPORT
tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 241FB - PUMP CUP WITH FLAT BASE

With either of them you will have to purchase a ball head or something similar to attach your camera to the support.

I have the 241V myself and it works quite well but takes up a bit of room. But you have more flexibility to get your camera in the proper position for shooting. The 241FB may be more to your liking since it would have a smaller size with a ball head but with it you may have some difficulty getting your camera in the proper position.

You should be able to order these from any good online camera retailer in time for your Thursday trip.

Thanks Guy,.... Got my Brother in California looking around there before he flies into Philadelphia. They have plenty of camera retail outlets. So hopefully he'll fly in with one...(Free):D

:beer

In my vette I put the suction cup on the top of the back window and suspended my still camera upside down. Here is an example:

402560819_7a6e322692.jpg

You will just have to experiment to find the best way to mount your video camera.

In my vette I put the suction cup on the top of the back window and suspended my still camera upside down. Here is an example:

402560819_7a6e322692.jpg

You will just have to experiment to find the best way to mount your video camera.

Sweet... I like that...!!! Never thought of doing that. That looks great..!!

Is that your ride and Shot??

Sweet... I like that...!!! Never thought of doing that. That looks great..!!

Is that your ride and Shot??

The modles Iv'e been looking at on line I don't think will alow you to hang the camera so it's right side up on the rear glass. They all look like front winshield only mounts.. What is the model and name of the one you have..??

I have the 241V listed above. My shot is from a still camera. If we lived closer together I would let you try what I have to see if it fits your needs.

There is another option. This one fits on your window edge.
Amazon.com: Manfrotto 3292 CAR WINDOW POD - Clampod: Camera & Photo

I have also used this quite successfully to shoot still photos. As with the others you need a ball head to mount the camera.

And yes, that photo is one of mine shot from my moving car.

Sorry Bro I checked all the Camera stores in Sacramento No Luck--Oh Ritz has one for $169 and i found another fo 90, but all are bib and for big cameras

Mark,

bring it over, i'll tack weld it into place...that should last the weekend

you're welcome....

no really, think nothing of it....

I have the 241V listed above. My shot is from a still camera. If we lived closer together I would let you try what I have to see if it fits your needs.

There is another option. This one fits on your window edge.
Amazon.com: Manfrotto 3292 CAR WINDOW POD - Clampod: Camera & Photo

I have also used this quite successfully to shoot still photos. As with the others you need a ball head to mount the camera.

And yes, that photo is one of mine shot from my moving car.

Yeah ...we are kinda far apart:D. I'm just gonna go with a windshild mount... Mabe I can figure a way to mout the Camcorder up side down on the rear glass as well as the windshield. I have a line on one.:beer

Sorry Bro I checked all the Camera stores in Sacramento No Luck--Oh Ritz has one for $169 and i found another fo 90, but all are bib and for big cameras

Forget it... I workren on one now... Besides I could go over to Kid_Agains OC Mansion and have him weld it on the windshield:D

:D
Mark,

bring it over, i'll tack weld it into place...that should last the weekend

you're welcome....

no really, think nothing of it....

That should work well if we use you 600 Amp Stick welder. We can melt the glas and mount the camera.

Yeah ...we are kinda far apart:D. I'm just gonna go with a windshild mount... Mabe I can figure a way to mout the Camcorder up side down on the rear glass as well as the windshield. I have a line on one.:beer

Make sure you can turn your video right side up if you mount your camcorder upside down. It is easy to invert the image with a still camera that's why it doesn't hurt to mount a camera inverted to take pictures.

Mounting a camera to a windshield may cause an obstruction. The local law enforcement might have a problem with this. Also, a camera mounted higher up makes the illusion of speed "slow down." (Think about traveling by commercial air @ 500mph on the deck vs. @ "three-seven thousand.") It's still 500mph, but 5 feet off the ground seems A LOT faster. Because of this, I mount my bullet camera into the lower valance on the front air dam. Speaking of bullet cameras, try www.helmetcamera.com or www.gopro.com for cameras. My videos are too big to post here, so I can't show you an example. Sure wish I could as it's riveting...:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom