Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cant locate this rattle in my Z

Tommy L

Corvette
90 ZR-1 ,93 ZR-1
I have a rattle behind the drivers seat in my 90 ZR-1. I have looked at the cargo shade, rear speakers, rear glass struts and even the wiring for the antenna...cant find it. The rattle almost sounds like wires for the interior light right behind my head are hitting the plastic "halo panel" behind the drivers seat. I have taken this apart along with all the plastic trim in the cargo area and cant find it...it is driving me nuts! Not only the does the rattle get to me but the fact that I cant find where it is comming from does also.
willy_nilly.gif

Any ideas?

Top on or off???You may want to get someone to ride a the back and see if they can pinpoint it.

Wegone said:
Top on or off???You may want to get someone to ride a the back and see if they can pinpoint it.
Someone to ride in the back??? Best wait til after the holidays... you can try asking Santa to borrow you an Elf!! :L

74bigblock said:
Someone to ride in the back??? Best wait til after the holidays... you can try asking Santa to borrow you an Elf!! :L
I know for a fact you can get two girls in the back of a 78 C3 ;) so one should fit in a C4 :D

Tommy. Lube all the bumpers that hold the rear window in place. Then take the top off and lube all the contact points. Worked on mine.

HTH !

hmmmmmm yes that thought did cross my mind "two girls is always better then one", however the car is stored for the winter. I thought perhaps if someone else had fixed the same problem, and knew where to look, I could tackle it this while it is stored.

If it is your top you may want to look into the felt kit that came on later C4 tops..

The way I find a rattle is to get another driver and I look around and try to find the noise. OR visa-versa.

Good luck.

eeeEEEEH!
-Bill.:D

FrankUrbinati said:
Tommy. Lube all the bumpers that hold the rear window in place. Then take the top off and lube all the contact points. Worked on mine.

HTH !
Bingo. That's what I was going to suggest. I'll bet you the rattle you're hearing is coming from the roof panel. ;)

The roof panel seems to be everyones answer...I have to wait for spring so I can get it out of storage and try your ideas "another driver and me looking for the source"Thanks!

Sounds travel in strange ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not rule out something under your drivers seat and listen for a noise coming out of the emergency brake console.

Or it could be in your head!

Only kidding.

Alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom