Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car cover What kind?

Corvette
1975 Red on RED Coupe
My father just ordered his 50th anniversary Edition. I, being the vette fanatic in the family, decided that for his birthday I,d get him a cover for it. I just dont know which to choose. What are some of your opinions? yes price matters but only50 percent. I want to protect this car as much as he does. Thanks in advance, Jim

I have heard good things about the plush weave cover from Calcar company, Same for the Wolf Noah cover. I have not bought one yet either and will consider these two covers.

Well... the first thing to consider is; will it be stored in or outside. If it's inside, then you won't need all of the more expensive protection like UV, and water proof. On the other hand if you will keep it outdoors, then I would get the best. Like everything else, you only get what you pay for! :cool

C_Dogg is absolutely right, if the car will be garaged you can get a bay's butt soft 100% cotton felt lined cover that will keep everything off and keep the paint looking great. Even some of the better coton ones can be a little steep in cost but they are untra-soft and will be less likely to scratch than the heavier outdoor quality covers. The big bonus to indoor covers is that they breath which further protects the paint from the heat and moisture buildups that can occur with even the best outdorr covers when the car is not stored properly.

I like 100% cotton indoors or out. All the synthetics talk a good game, but they are a pain to put on in the slightest wind because they are so light. Chase your high-tech cover sliding around the car a few times and you will know what I mean. Cotton is sufficiently dense so that is rolls out, positions, and stays put until you pull it down.

Cotton is not very good in the rain, but in SoCal, we do not get much rain. JMO

I have a 98 coupe that for various reasons has to be kept outdoors. I have used a Noah cover and am pleased with it in almost every aspect except one. The fit is great and workmanship is good, but the problem is it leaves a waxy film on the car when it is removed. I have heard washing it with Woolite or small amounts of Fantastic will fix the problem, but I got this information too late. I had washed it with normal detergent (not a big problem) but the low dry setting did a number on the cover. Live and learn.

My son uses a Weathershield cover from California Car Covers. It is very light weight and doesn't leave any film. I will be ordering one for my car in the very near future.

Keep us posted on what you decide.

I just saw a how to from a guy that used 3 sheets sewn together that he connected to his garage door in the back, and the front was connected to the garage door via ropes and pulleys. When he opens the door the cover lifts off out of the way. when it closes the cover drops down on the car. He also used some static lines to keep the cover off of the ground when he was gone in the vette and the door was down. Wish I had thought of it. I'm always looking for the quickest easiest way to fix STUFF.

I need to get one for mine too, and she sleeps outside. How do you keep the dam* cats from ripping them to shreds?

Well Trixie,
If that was my car, and I had a cat problem with it... there would be one less cat in the neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, I love pets, but they had better not mess with my car! ;)

I recently bought an "Intro-tech" car cover for our 98 roadster. I have a technalon (sp) on two others and a very heavy fleece lined cover on two others. The "Intro-tech" is light weight, easy to install and take off and folds up into a small bag. When I take the others off, they leave "dust" in a pile as I roll them up to remove them. The "Intro-tech" does not. I paid over a $100 for the fleece lined ones and about $89 for the "Intro-tech" from eBay. If I had a choice, I would have "Intro-tech". I don't this the "Intro-tech" isn't made for use out doors.

Believe me C_Dogg, if I could :r every single cat in the neighborhood, I would. Unfortunately, two of them are my husband's, and they were there before me. One already has his paw in the grave. I am sure I have :mad off all the cat lovers.

I love my C5, and my cat, but if he gets on it, so be it. I scold him if I catch him on it or any of the vehicles, and rarely a problem. Loving an object doesnt justify animal abuse.

There's alot of good to be said about haveing your cat de-clawed. Once they fall off your car onto the ground a couple of times, they don't seem to want to be on there as much. If they do still insist on being there at least your cover doesn't get ripped to shreds. I like animals including cats............but there are limits. :w BTW I have Wolf Automotive cover as my car sits outside (for now) that is the Kimberly Clark Block-it fabric. It has a lifetime warrenty as well. The fit on my C3 is darn near perfect.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom