Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Car Covers:

401KVet

Corvette
1980 L82 Coupe, Black
I have a 1980 Corvette, and it always stays outside. I currently have it double covered with two car covers. They are not really expensive covers, $50 range. Dust is my biggest problem. I can wash it, cover it, and four days later when I take the covers off the car is covered in dust. The longer I go, the more dust. Also when it rains it seems to make things even worst by the rain pushing the dust to the surface of the car even more. Washing the covers is little help. As anyone knows dust on black paint really shows up.
I'm sure I am not the only one with this problem. Has anyone purchased and currently using a cover that would solve this type of problem. Can anyone recommend one from experience or has knowledge on what I should to? Other than building a garage for it and then also cover. LOL
Thanks for any help or input.

Your best bet would be to look around the internet for a better quality cover. Unfortunately the better covers go for $200+ but think of it as an investment.

Which one?????????

Your best bet would be to look around the internet for a better quality cover. Unfortunately the better covers go for $200+ but think of it as an investment.

Believe me Mr. White, I have been looking. But anything over $100.00 they all claim that they will solve the worlds problems..
I was just hoping that someone on the site may have had similar problems with dust and they could say Hey, I have this one and it works great for dust. So far with the reserch I have done there is one at Mid America called the Typhoon car cover. Their item number 658-169. I may roll the bones on that one.
Thanks, :w

I've had a 'wolf' brand(?) On mine had it for 5+ years
It does not keep the dust off...the only one that might is the one in a plastic bag with a blower on to keep the bag inflated....

I've had a 'wolf' brand(?) On mine had it for 5+ years
It does not keep the dust off...the only one that might is the one in a plastic bag with a blower on to keep the bag inflated....

Yes, I woudn't mind having one of those, but I would also need a garage for it. I don't think they were meant for outdoors. But I like it!!

The CAC has done some testing of indoor covers. See the CAC's collection of feature articles on car care.
Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Practical Corvette Care 101

Also, I'm going to test some outdoor covers, I just haven't acquired the covers yet. Based the good results from on our previous test of indoor covers made by California Car Cover, we're going to evaluate some of CCC's outdoor products and I ordered two of their "Superweave" covers.

As soon as I have some results I'll post them, either as a separate product review or as an update to the CAC's existing car cover story.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom