Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car Has A Idle Problem

ET-VIPER

Corvette
81 COUPE 4SP/91 ZR1/91 CALLAWAY/91 ZR1 GRAND SPORT
Got To Take The Car Out Over The Jult 4th Weeked Put About Hunderd Miles On.the Car Ran Fine We Stop An Ate Got Back Into Car.would Not Idle.keep Dying On Anything Under 1000 Rpm.drove To My Moms About Ten Miles Away.will Letting Cool Down Kept Playing With The Gas Pedle After About Ten Minutes.finally Went Idleing Ok.when We Went Home Car Ran Great.
We Only Put A Couple Hunderd Miles On It.but It Seems To Me When You Take Off From A Stop Its Sluggesh.with 3.45 Gears In The Rear End.it Just Not Right.even On The Dyno Was Sluggesh.[ Found The New Hose Clamp On The Turbo Discharge Hose Was Bad Would Not Tighten Up.]
Then I Had The Ram Horn Off It Look Like Maybe One Off The Injectors Could Be Leaking.could See Stain From Fuel Inside The Ram Horn.
I Think The Car Needs To Be Drove More Only Has 19500 Mile On It.
Let Me Know Your Thoughts.

Steve

Steve, the junk that you see inside the throttle body is probably a combination of oil and gasoline residue. With a turbo seal being bad, a lot of oil mist tends to pass into the intercooler(s) and intake. The Ram's Horn fuel injectors dump a tremendous amount of fuel under boost.. so some residue on a 10+ year old car is fairly normal. If you wish to clean it out- leave the ram's horn off and spray some carb cleaner on the throttle blades while the car is idling. When the car is off boost at idle-- you can have the ram's horn off no problem.

On the idle... is the check engine light illuminated? I've experienced a similar problem with mine that was MAF sensor related. New MAF- problem went away. However, it was easily diagnosed because it did set a trouble code in the ECM.

If it feels sluggish, heck, it could be most anything. Fuel and/or timing. Just go back to the basics and work your way through it. After getting those wastegates and turbos back from a refurb... you're probably light on boost too. I have a picture of your dyno graph and it's kinda light. I'd check the A/F ratio under boost and see how the motor reacts. Let us know what you're doing with it. These cars can be tempermental.. no matter what it is.. you'll get it!

We Got To Let The Callaway Strecht Its Legs The Other Day.put About Two Hundred Miles On Got Into Boost Several Times For A Few Miles At A Time.
This Helped The Car A Lot.no Idle Problem At All Now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom