Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car stopped running tonight!

potter22

Corvette
1989 Candy Apple Coupe
Tonight I went to pick up my daughter and got on it a little in low, 5000 rpm , when I shifted in to second it started to miss and just died. I smelled a little bit of an oil smell and saw and small amount of smoke under the hood. The car turns over fine but wont start. Do you think it is something serious. Oil Temp was 165 at the time. I dont drive the car hard and the one time I get on it, this happen. I am a new owner so I am at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
bawling.gif

Didn't you just get work done by a mechanic? I wonder If anything was knocked loose when he was in there.

Check for spark, if you have spark, then check for fuel.

If you don't have spark, then check for any wires to the ignition that might have come loose. If all the wires check ok, then I would suspect the ignition module 1st. Turn the key on without turning on the engine, listen for the fuel pump to come on, if you don't hear the fuel pump, check the fuel pump relay 1st.

Also check your fuses.

lifter?

Could be a lifter broke....Notice any engine noises or SES light before it stopped?

Stick to the basics, You need air, fuel, compression, spark

Check for fuel and spark first. and let us know what you find..
-=Rick

I think I found the problem is electrical

BlackNBlue 95 was right. Thanks for all your help. It was only the coil.:D What a happy day!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom