Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carbon fiber dash kit?

R

Renzo

Does anyone knows if somebody sells a carbon fiber dash and trim kit for a C4 like those made for the C5?

I know they used to, but I haven't seen one in a long time... i heard the company making them was having a hard time making them last... maybe they went bankrupt?

Ecklers, Mid America, Corvette America and Zip all have these kits and a few of them let you pick the fiber color (Yellow,Red,blue and Grey/black) Go to these companys websites and order a catalog (They're Free!) Theres also Wood Grain kits there (What I have from Ecklers)

Hope that helps

I honestly have been looking for a kit for my vette as well, but haven't seen them in the vette parts catalogs lately... maybe because I have a newer C4? I will have to check the catalogs again to make sure

I ordered a 'carbon fiber' dash kit from Corvette Central once upon a time. I believe it cost somewhere around $120, but don't quote me on that because it was a while back. Well, needless to say, I sent it back to them. It was hideously ugly. Obviously, they are not going to be real carbon fiber (unless you shell out a small fortune) but it didn't even look close to what I was expecting. More like 'carbon plastic'!

-J

Can't help you find one, but just something to keep in mind while shopping...carbon fiber is EXTREMELY expensive. If you find a dash kit for your car, and the price is too good to be true, then it is. Carbon Fiber runs roughly $25 for just over a square yard wholesale. The dash pieces will probably take 2-3 layers to build. A modest estimate would be 3-4 yards of material per layer, depending on how well it is cut to utilize the least amount of material to maximum number of pieces. So roughly $120 per layer by a minimum of 2 layers, $240, plus resin, and labor costs...which is where it gets really expensive. Expect a true Carbon Fiber dash to run you $800-$1000 conservatively...and remember you get what you pay for. If you find a kit for significantly less (I don't work with carbon fiber, so don't take my word as 100% accurate) say $120-$200 be leary of the craftsmanship...or material they used. Dyed fiberglass cloth woven together can immitate Carbon Fiber very easily. Its essentially the same cloth design, just composed of different material...glass vs carbon cloth.

Most real CF dash kits that I have seen run in the $500 price range. If it's significantly less than that it's not CF. Like the man said buyer beware. :crazy

Try exoticwooddash.com. They will even send you a sample

They still make them...lots of extra parts for doors and such too. Like evrybody said U get what you pay for.....they start around 300 for basic set and go up from there. Here' a pic of grey and black installed.

CarbonFiberDash

You can find a few vendors for C4 dash kits. In the 'SEARCH' box (NOT the web address box) type in key words, i.e., Corvette dash kits.

Try eDash.com

Be prepared to live life w/ out an arm and a leg, 'cause that's what a GOOD complete kit will cost ya.

Dash Kits

Hi

Just keep in mind that any dash kit that you put in your car will hurt the resale value. Any true buyer of a corvette wants a stock vette.

That is why the vette owners who put on the after market kits with ground effects have trouble selling their cars.

Keep it stock or pay the price when you sell the car.

Does anyone knows if somebody sells a carbon fiber dash and trim kit for a C4 like those made for the C5?
You can see what they have at Sherwood Dash Kits. Just do a search and go to the Sherwood site. Pics are pretty clear.
Good Luck, Rich

Hi

Just keep in mind that any dash kit that you put in your car will hurt the resale value. Any true buyer of a corvette wants a stock vette.

That is why the vette owners who put on the after market kits with ground effects have trouble selling their cars.

Keep it stock or pay the price when you sell the car.

REAL VETTE owners Don't SELL their cars! :p

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom