Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carlisle advice

kridgley

Corvette
1975 Corvette, White T-Top
Hello all:
I am very new to corvettes ... only a couple months, anyway, i heard that Corvettes at Carlisle is a great place to get ideas, chat, and to get parts for cheaper. So i ask all of you that have experience with this, what time should one show up, in order to get a good selection on parts? Should someone get there before it actually opens on the first day, or is opening good enough (as far as traffic and congestion)? Any advice will be great, and if it matters, by parts, i am reffering to interior parts mainly.

Thanks all.
Kevin

A great selection of parts is there,be prepared for plenty of walking,its big,you usually can wheel and deal on the last day but then some vendors are already packing up to leave.I usually go saturdays but this year im going on friday.Traffic is usually bad when getting into carlisle but it moves pretty fast.I always park within a block of the gates on someones lawn for $5.00,the first few blocks on the east side most of the neighbors charge for parking on there lawns and yards,its alot easier,plus if you buy something you can just walk back stick it in your car or truck and go right back inside to buy more.Have agreat time,youll be surprised at how many vettes there are.

Carlisle

kridgley:

I have been there a few times and most recently went last year. First of all, you cannot park on the grounds unless you are driving a vette. The remote parking is fine and ranges from $5-$10. You should arrive very early on the day you plan on attending or it is traffic gridlock.

If it's made for a Corvette you will find it at Carlisle, if you can't find it, it doesn't exist. On the whole it is an enjoyable experience, plan for plenty of water and sunblock because it can get brutally hot. Bring lots of money and have fun!

markone

Are there any other shows (in other parts of the country) that are similar? Maybe not as big?
I definitely cannot make it this year up there.
It would be nice if there was something in the midwest. . .

Get there early. Gates open at 7am. Have breakfast on the grounds to save time. Since the place is 82 acres also have good walking shoes. Like the rest if not driving a vette the surrounding folks let you park on their lawns and I have never had a problem in my nine years of going to this or any of the other shows these guys have put on.

We get there on Thursdays every year even if it's just to walk around and get the lay of the land. You wouldn't believe how many people are there buying and selling.

:w
Guy

Do I understand that if you are driving your vette you can drive up and park on the grounds? Do you need to register for a parking space or anything, if I go I plan on driving the vette and would love to park it with all the other vettes on the grounds.

If you haven't been there before it's hard to discribe - but you won't see more vettes in one place at the same time. There are literally 1000's of vendors both new and used parts. great seminars, good food, auctions, cars for sale and display. Make sure you ride the free tram around the grounds. On the last day they give away a vette. I think this year is late model C4. The winner must be present. Yes you can park your vette on the grounds. There's plenty on non vette parking at the firehouse and school next door. It's hard to do properly in one day. We do all three.

Thanks for the info, I plan on going but you never know. I will let you know.

Guy said:
You have to register, either online at www.carsatcarlisle.com or at the Gate (3). Think of this as a giant cruise night with vendors that lasts 3 days.
Pre-registration is closed. If you want a 3-day ticket, you'll need to call them
(number is on the site).

Elaine

KNOW THE PART YOU ARE LOOKING FOR- there are some vendors that don't have
any idea, what the part will fit , what year .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom