Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carlisle - Callaway events?

89onlyZ51

Corvette
'87 B2K Vert #147
The wife and I have a trip planned out to DC for Labor Day, but we're thinking of "pre-extending" a week to hit the Corvettes and Carlisle show and spend more time with family in the area.

Who's going? (would love to meet some fellow forum-members in person)

And, are there any Callaway-specific events planned? I didn't see any details over at COG or the Carlisle events site and am just trying to figure out when it's best to go up there - Fri, Sat, and/or Sun.

89onlyZ51,

Corvettes @ Carlisle is our annual event. Heck the COG was formed at Carlisle 2002, its been 6 awesome years!

It is listed in the events section:
* Callaway Gathering - Corvettes at Carlisle ~ August 22 - 24, 2008 - Info: HERE

I already have a flight out to DC and will drive over to Carlisle. Hopefully Callaway Cars will bring out my new 2008!

The weekend following Corvettes @ Carlisle is Reeves induction in the NCM Hall of Fame and there is a group of us going as well to witness this memorable event. So that time of the year will be rather busy for the COG.

Please join us at both events if you can.

Hope to see you there,

-Luigi
:cool

89onlyZ51,

Corvettes @ Carlisle is our annual event. Heck the COG was formed at Carlisle 2002, its been 6 awesome years!

* Callaway Gathering - Corvettes at Carlisle ~ August 22 - 24, 2008 - Info: HERE

I already have a flight out to DC and will drive over to Carlisle. Hopefully Callaway Cars will bring out my new 2008!

The weekend following Corvettes @ Carlisle is Reeves induction in the NCM Hall of Fame and there is a group of us going as well to witness this memorable event. So that time of the year will be rather busy for the year will be busy for the COG.

Hope to see you there,

-Luigi

LUIGI,
I COULD PUT SOME WHEELS ON YOUR CAR AND PUSH IT ONTO THE TRAILER AND BRING IT DOWN TO CARLISLE SO YOU CAN VISIT WITH IT.
YOUR CAR WILL BE DONE AND MINE WILL STILL BE UNDER COVER.
;shrug

I will be at Corvettes at Carlisle :w

LUIGI,
I COULD PUT SOME WHEELS ON YOUR CAR AND PUSH IT ONTO THE TRAILER AND BRING IT DOWN TO CARLISLE SO YOU CAN VISIT WITH IT.
YOUR CAR WILL BE DONE AND MINE WILL STILL BE UNDER COVER.
;shrug

:L at least yours moves under its own power! and you can drop by often and pace the grounds :eyerole

I am sure it will be well worth the wait.... they will have to put a wing on your car to keep it on the ground by the time they are done with it.

:beer

-Luigi

89onlyZ51,

The weekend following Corvettes @ Carlisle is Reeves induction in the NCM Hall of Fame and there is a group of us going as well to witness this memorable event. So that time of the year will be rather busy for the COG.

Hope to see you there,

-Luigi

Hey Luigi, it looks like that link is broken as they've moved everything to a new site: http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/corvettes/

I didn't see anything Callaway-related on the new site. Do y'all have stuff going on all weekend or just Fri/Sat? It's been about 10 years since I've last been to a Carlisle show.

It be awesome to go over to the NCM, but we've got a prior commitment that will keep us in DC that weekend. (it would have been even better to do a road trip between the two!)

Tom

Tom,

There is no "Official" Callaway event listed at Carlisle since we are not the featured car this year. We were last year since it was the Callaway Reunion year (every 5 years).

However, we always have a "Callaway Row" and our dinner has been jointly held with the C6 group for the last few years (since many of us are both C4/C6 Callaway owners). Reeves is always a featured speaker at the dinner. Callaway should have their tent there as usual and hopefully Callaway will bring my new 650HP C16 along and show it. It will be most interesting if GM brings out a ZR1 (which is a high possibility - I can't speak for them).

The Callaway Owners Group will be there. We had about 40 cars last year. We will probably have at least 20 cars there this year. I already booked my flight up.

Here is a photo slide show from last year (about 40MB) http://www.callawayownersgroup.com/Images/Carlisle2007Montage.mpg

I hope to see you there.

-Luigi

Carlisle was one of the BEST ever last year!!!

Highlights included:

• 50 DIFFERENT Callaway Corvettes on the Fun Field. From a 100+ to a C16, and everything in between!!
  • COG Dinner - we donated several hundred dollars to the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation again this year.
  • Presented on behalf of the COG, a "20 year" red shirt to Reeves, Pete Callaway, and Mike Zoner. Each has been there for 20 yrs. or more!!!
  • Leading the CMCF Memorial Parade in the Callaways
  • Several Celebrity Pick awards to Callaway Corvettes
  • Callaway Celebration Wine bottles.
  • T-shirts galore!
  • ...and much, much more!!!
There were other details too - Fun for ALL!!!!

I'm already booked and will be their with my 2006 Callaway. I hope to meet many members of the COG.

...maybe we should just have a week-long Callaway party :cool

From Corvettes at Carlisle right through Reeves' NCM Hall of Fame Induction at the Corvette Museum the following weekend

:bar

OK! :ugh ;squint: :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom