Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carlisle?

I'm pretty sure Remo and Guy went, representing us C5 owners. My guess is that they'll be back home today or tomorrow at the latest.

:w
-Patrick

Wonderful weekend at Carlisle

Our first trip to Carlisle was fabulous,and we are looking forward to next year.Here are some pictures that were taken.

Spent friday at Carlisle

It was really amazing to see so many vettes in one place at one time. The turnout of 96 C4 GS's was also amazing. I think l took more pictures of them then anything else.
Next year l'm going to go with one of the guys instead of my wife because it was like the Sahara desert on Friday and l know she was just humoring me by keeping me company.
The accessories being offered blew my mind and l would have stepped out but l felt that l would better off next time by myself.
The only killer was the Philly cheasesteak sandwich l ate there and l have a cast iron stomach. It repeated itself until mid day Saturday, but one lives and learns.

Alan

I was there for my first Carlisle experience. I had a good time and talked to some great people. My nephew was with me. He ended up driving for about 250 or so miles of the round trip including driving into the fair grounds on Sunday. On the way back we went through the Gettysburg battlefield area.

I did the parade on Saturday evening. Once was enough on the parade for me. I think I will do what others did...leave early and get a good seat to watch it!

It is certainly something I would like to do again.

I drove into to Pittsburgh, picked up my son (C-4 owner) and off we went. Had a really great time. This was the first time for both of us, and was a real eye opener. My hat's off to the Grand Sport guys. Man, what a show of loyalty.

We went Saturday, so it was cloudy and relatively cool.

If I ever thought about a restoration job, that cured me. The thought of digging through the ton of parts to find what you need is too daunting for me. You guys who do it, have some real perseverence, and are to be commended for bringing one back to life.

My only gripe for a first timer, was when we tried to get back to the PA Turnpike, and the streets that the signs told you to use were closed. Fortunately we printed out the alternate directions from the website, and got back to the Turnpike without much fuss.

All in all a great trip, and the C-5 performed flawlessly.

My husband and I drove both Corvettes to Carlisle...first time we've done that and will probably be the last!:)

My Grand Sport convertible was part of the 131 Grand Sports on display. Wasn't that spectacular!!!

We go to Carlisle every August and love it. This year was different for me, though, as I was on the vendor side of the event more than the participant. I spent a good deal of the weekend in Building "T" with Corvette Mike's two Grand Sport coupes. We didn't do some of our traditions/rituals with friends. Although I certainly got the vendor exposure I wanted, I won't spend as much time there next year!;)

Elaine

Guy & Remo's playground was up and running. ;LOL We had so many shade tents we could have called it Guy, Remo, 67Heaven, Janine, Nut, Lou, Bill & Gail's, etc., etc. playground. ;)

And the party at the Holiday Inn every night was great!

I sold over 200 of my cup holders and hooked up with a vendor to sell more.

:w
Guy

My husband and I drove both Corvettes to Carlisle...first time we've done that and will probably be the last!:)

Elaine

Yep; we've never driven our Corvettes there. Probably never will. 7.5 hours drive one way !!!

missed it in 05, but went this year without the missus. didn't want to put her through something that she couldn't appreciate, so she went to Foxwoods instead. I had a great time and took my time and found everything that I was looking for without having her looking over my shoulder when I bought something. It was a good day. As Chip Miller would say "life is good".

Yep; we've never driven our Corvettes there. Probably never will. 7.5 hours drive one way !!!

Tell me about it! It's 8 hours for us each way, but it's a trip we do religiously each year..with one Corvette!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom