Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carpeting on garage floor

L

Lucky

Just curious...anyone have carpeting on their garage floor?

My across the street neighbor has the green indoor/outdoor stuff on his garage floor.

He claims it is great, but has to replace it about every three years. It is about time now because it is looking ragged.

He does not do any work out there, it is simply for parking and storage.

As wet as it usually is down here, I am surprised it does not smell bad from trapping moisture where rain water drips off the car etc.

To my surprise though, it does not appear to have any odor.

I looked at a car once and it was parked on a persian rug. Very nice, I was impressed. This would not be a problem for me since I do not drive it in the rain but if you did I could see some problems. Maybe tile or something would be a better choice. Guy

I've got cast-off remnants from my office's last renovation. I use it just to catch oil drips and such. Couple co-workers have gone the painted-floor route; according to them it's incredibly easy to clean off. They each used the two-part epoxy paint that's heat safe (ie, won't stick to hot tires).
[RICHR]

Yes, a nice burgandy that looks great under a Lemans blue car. I had it rolled up in the side of the garage (from my ex-office), so I decided it would be best served under the car.
Nothing but the best. :)

Rick

My Dad's Pace Car sits on a large area rug that we used to have in the house... it is nice for a couple of reasons... one, you never have to sit on a cold garage floor (while waxing etc.), and it helps the tires not flat spot, because they don't sit directly on cold cement.... the down side is you really can't work on the car over there, because it will absorb any fluids you may spill.... but in our case, the area rug is big enough for half the garage, so if anything is necessary, all we have to do is move the car.

Area rug

But it really isn't for the 78. It is for Kenny and his friends when they all come over for a garage jam session!
Heidi

have a large piece of outdoor carpet under mine. i just like telling and showing people that ;)

Become friendly with a carpet facility or a person who is an installer. They may welcome the help to remove and haul away some old carpet that is in good shape.

i have brand new ford windstar carpets on the floor of my garage. how did i get them? i knew a unhappy ford worker who heard about me wanting to cover the cold concrete so he came thru for me BIG TIME. loooks pretty good too after 2 hours of trimin..lays flat and is as tough as nails.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom