Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Caught outside of Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

Tonight while l was at my Corvette clubs monthly meeting, one of our member's sons caught a C6 in disguise running laps at a track. After one lap the driver noticed that he was being photographed and radioed security to investigate. Fast thinking on his son's part, he pulled out a regular SLR camera and handed over the film which was blank of course.

He took digital pics and a 10 seconds of a jpeg. It had on the usual disguise but was able to obtain a a couple of new facts.

This was a closed track for the use of GM only and he was there to race the following day (SCCA).

The engine was a definite 6 liter engine and the front tires were 18 inch and the rear was 19 inches. These facts were obtained by a fellow SCCA tech that walked by the mule while it's hood was up. He also mentioned something about LED lights but l missed where they were.

They also observed the times being posted, one lap was 1:34 and then 1:22. The following day when the C5 corvettes ran they posted a best of 1:33. I do not know the length of the track but it seemed fast to me if the C5's best was 1:33 and the C6 clocked 1:22. The SCCA C5's are supposed to be stock, but you and l know that there is a large grey area.

Alan

Hey Alan, It was Detroit but at least I can say what we saw and heard was true.Looks like the new Vette may come with 6 Liters!!! The monster motor may not be offered initially but at least we know its at least down the road!!

MRANT212 said:
Hey Alan, It was Detroit but at least I can say what we saw and heard was true.Looks like the new Vette may come with 6 Liters!!! The monster motor may not be offered initially but at least we know its at least down the road!!

If by "Monster Motor" you are referring to the 6.0L, as per GM slip in a web posting, we know that this is the displacement of the LS2 slated for the "base" C6.

Hmmm. Is it illegal to take pictures now a days? Was he trespassing?

I think if he was on track property and it was closed to the public, he was trespassing.
Did the pics reveal anything or were they like the previous? All covered and all.

Interesting Post. Thanks

Yes, I'm waiting for pic's too.

Hi

The pic's looked the same because it was their mule. I could see no difference at all from the previous pics.

What l wanted to see was the jpeg.

Mrant212, is correct, the track was in Detroit.

Alan

There was mention of something kool under the hood but Mrant212 will have to tax his memory, he was next to me at the meeting.

They also observed the times being posted, one lap was 1:34 and then 1:22. The following day when the C5 corvettes ran they posted a best of 1:33. I do not know the length of the track but it seemed fast to me if the C5's best was 1:33 and the C6 clocked 1:22. The SCCA C5's are supposed to be stock, but you and l know that there is a large grey area.

Could the 1.34 lap be the standard C6?
The 1.33 be a 2003 Z06 ?

And the 1.22 lap be the C6 Z06 with uprated 500hp and 20's?

Sounds about right to me.

How about you?

Do you think you can post the pictures anyway. Every picture we've seen presented to us so far has revealed more and more. Please post the pictures.;shrug

I live near Detroit.....what track was it?

What track??

Hi

This friday night l will be at a Club event and l will be able to answer all of your questions

Alan

C6Spy37.jpg

Reported to be the Waterford Hills track near Detroit.

David
C6 Spy Pix

Looks like this one has big-rump-itis also. I was really hoping for a return to the more understated C4 rear end.

Maybe it's just me, but I hope the real C6 doesn't look like this mule. The exaggerated fender flares are looking more hidious with every photo. Please don't beat on me, but it looks like it is turning into a rice burner design. Please let January come fast. The wait and the ugly pictures are giving me an ulcer. It looks like i'll be keeping the DRAGONSLAYER longer than I thought. I'm confused and amazed.

:puke :puke :puke

Kotzenjunge said:
Looks like this one has big-rump-itis also. I was really hoping for a return to the more understated C4 rear end.

Agreed! We can do without the J-Lo rearend on the C6!

Dragonslayer said:
Maybe it's just me, but I hope the real C6 doesn't look like this mule. The exaggerated fender flares are looking more hidious with every photo. Please don't beat on me, but it looks like it is turning into a rice burner design. Please let January come fast. The wait and the ugly pictures are giving me an ulcer. It looks like i'll be keeping the DRAGONSLAYER longer than I thought. I'm confused and amazed.
:puke :puke :puke

My eye doesn't see any rice in the spy shots, just lots of C3 with a touch of C2. I think the intent is to break from the C5's sculpted look and opt for a very aggressive, edgy look. ...or, ALL of the outer pannels are cammo and after the Jan showing we will be laughing at ourselves here about how much time we've wasted analyzing pure cammo! Hopefully it will look so good that we'll just laugh at the wasted time.

HI

That looks like the pic l saw, in fact it looks like an exact duplicate of the pic l saw.

I smell a fraud!!!!!!!!!!

Alan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom