Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Caught the sickness

3GenMuncie4

Corvette
1980 Yellow Coupe
I just saved a 1980 Corvette coupe from the junkyard. A friend of mine's parents just got a divorce. They bought a 1980 Corvette in 1997 for an anniversary present to themselves. She won the Vette in the divorce...but she doesn't want it. I took it off her hands for $4500.

The reason I tell you this, is because I am new technician, so my skill is amateur, but I am learning. But I know a lot about cars in general and one of the best things about old hot rods and other cars that have survived the times are the storys that got them where they are now...sort of like "if this car could talk..." These storys, I think are what makes us gearheads so enthrawled with our cars.

So I've always loved Corvettes of all years, except for maybe those dark ages of 84-96...lol, and I decided to tackle this project at a young age, but i'm looking forward to turning this Corvette into a powerful and glamorous machine, with all of your help I hope. Theres no better friends than those of an automotive community where everybody is as passionate as yourself to share and discuss ideas with.

More about me: I am 21 years old. I am graduating from the University of Nothwestern Ohio in September 2007 with a degree in High Performance Automotive Technologies. www.unoh.com or .edu. if you want to check it out.

I live in Findlay, Ohio...which is an awsome town for car enthusiasts like myself. We have a "Cruise Night" every year on Father's Day weekend that I invite you to attend if you'd like.

More about my Corvette: It is a 1980 coupe. Options installed include T-tops, Muncie 4spd transmission, L-48 V8, power windows and locks, tilt/telescopic wheel, 4 wheel discs, and A/C. It was originally yellow, but somebody has repainted it red somewhere down the line...I am going to paint it back to the original color. I was looking on here at build specs for 1980 Vettes and it looked like Yellow 4spds were somewhat rare that year.

If any of your guys or gals want to "talk shop" let me know. I can always be reached by email. PyroManiac350@hotmail.com

I happy to join the CAC and look forward to hearing from all of you.

Welcome to CAC - always nice to have another C3 amongst us!

I have found out that I should have planned on spending 2 - 3x more than what I thought I would have on my car.

I have found ebay to be a great resource for most things (only 1 bad experience) and I am talking I bought a 383 stroker moter and a new tranny via ebay, just read the feedback!

Good luck and I am sure I will run into you on the C3 forum
:w

About time we got a member thats under the age of 70. Welcome ,it looks like we're the youngest members .
And if you believe this OLD Joker,I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell!!!!!:boogie :boogie :boogie

Welcome to :CAC There's a couple Shark Freaks here!!!!!:upthumbs

Congratulations and welcome to the CAC!

Enjoy!

:Steer

Welcome to CAC!!!!
good luck with the vette and enjoy the forums!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen many 1980 Vettes with 4 speeds. Cool. :cool
Enjoy your Vette... and Welcome Aboard!

Are you getting lotsa waves yet?

This is not a simple sickness, this is a disease.......I bought a 71 in November, a 75 in March, and now am looking at a 68 roadster. How does this happen????

Welcome to CAC, glad you could join us. I will sell you the water under that bridge in Brooklyn that Junk has for sale. ;LOL

Just kidding on the water, it is realy not for sale

Again welcome we're glad to have you, I think :ugh I was 21 once.

Bill :w

This is not a simple sickness, this is a disease.......I bought a 71 in November, a 75 in March, and now am looking at a 68 roadster. How does this happen????
Wooooooa, You Have a Problem!!!!! Calling Dr. MM-C5,Tom get out the couch, you've got a new patient !!!!!:boogie :boogie :boogie :upthumbs

:eek:hnoes I have the sickness as well just not the cash to do anything about it. I would like to have a minimum of (1) of each year/make/model ever built but the budget is just not there ;help for it.

Bill :crazy

Welcome to the CAC!

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures.. :D

-Stefan

Welcome to the CAC and congrats on your 80.
Your degree sounds very interesting. Tell us more about it?

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom