Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CB mic location

• Thread starter Sat. Nite Special
  • Start date
S

Sat. Nite Special

Does anyone know where the original mounting location is for the CB mic. on an '81? The original owner had it velcroed to the dash below the glovebox but I don't think that was right.

Sat Nite.

I believe that the correct location is just below the ashtray on the right side. That is where it is on mine and the original owner never moved it from where it was at delivery.

....... Nut

CB mount

I have the assembly manual for the '79 showing the mount and the location. I can scan the page and send it to you if you need it.

Thanks for tips guys......

Vettart, that would be great if you could scan that page and email it to me. I could then see how it's mounted to the console. The shop manual for the '81 doesn't have any photos or details on the mic. mount.

Thanks!

Manual page

S.N.Spec. I will scan that page and get it out to you this afternoon. We are going to the hospital this morning to help my son and his wife take their new Future Corvette Owner home from the birthing center. Jacob Allen Gondeck was born at 12:23 p.m. He weighs 6 lbs. 14 oz and will be registered today for F.C.O.

Re: Manual page

Vettart said:
S.N.Spec. I will scan that page and get it out to you this afternoon. We are going to the hospital this morning to help my son and his wife take their new Future Corvette Owner home from the birthing center. Jacob Allen Gondeck was born at 12:23 p.m. He weighs 6 lbs. 14 oz and will be registered today for F.C.O.

Congradulations Grandpa & Grandma
icon14.gif

BudD
:w

Congratulations Vettart.... maybe there is a new 2018 Corvette in his future when he turns 17!

Congradulations Vettart. HMM wonder what the C9 will look like.
:W:

C-9

If the artistic ability runs true to form throught the family, he may be designing a future generation.

C9

Can anyone imagine the price of a C9? Just a cool quarter-mil maybe? Pocket change in 2018. Congrats Vettart!! We'll have to get together one day, I work right in your neighborhood (Middle River).

....... Nut

Manual pages

S.N. Spec and all who may be interested. Here are the pages shown in the 1979 manual referring to the CB mike location.

Local knowledge

hey there nutmegbronze, we proably drove past each other 100 times in O.C. The Bel Air Corvette Club will be participating in quite a few events coming up. This Saturday there is an all Vette drag race day at Cecil County. We are going to the Renaissance Fesstival in Lancaster on the 23rd, a bruch on the Lady Baltimore on the 29th of July, we go to Stoudts show every year, that will be August 5th and our own show at the Avenue at White Marsh on August 19, the week before Carlisle. You are more than welcome to hang out with us. Look for the black '79 with Doeskin interior and say howdy.

Vettart,

We've probably passed before but if you saw the Nutmegbronze you'd remember it. I actually stopped in at your show early this year at the Chevy dealer on Rt1. I'll definitely stop by on Aug 19th. Maybe put the ole gal in the show just for fun. Keep in touch, we're definitely in the same neighborhood.

Regards.......... Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom